Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Problems with displaying non-standard sizes

gdickins
Beginner

A little background:

Nearly all of our devices at the hospital are virtualized.

Because the are virtual they do not have a standard display driver

Most of our devices are 1920x1080

Most if not all unite hubs are connected to a 1920x1080 display.

The problem:

We have a thin client that connects to unite through a virtual machine.

The monitors native resolution is: 1680 x 1050

When using just this device the the unite hub displays an un-usable image of the desktop that has tearing all the way across.

The cursor displays fine all the way until the edges so it leads me to believe that the unite hub is detecting the display size just not outputting it correctly.

I am not sure if this problem occurs with other computers because we do not have many non-standard displays besides medical imaging monitors.

I really do not mean to be rude but Intel support is very difficult for me to work with all of the scans and logs they want that have nothing to do with unite and most of it can seem like a huge waste of time with how busy I am every day. I understand the reasons behind it but if this is going to take too long to resolve without direct troubleshooting steps that will lead to an actual solution then our team will just replace the monitors and consider it a known limitation of the system and carry on.

Hopefully we can get this figured out quickly.

Thanks,

Garland

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello gdickins,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

This might be expected behavior when having higher resolutions.

To do further research, please let us know the Intel Unite® version you are running. 

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
gdickins
Beginner

Thank you for the quick reply. Apparently this was already a well known issue in our hospital.

Unite version: 3.3.153

We are ready to upgrade to 4.x but we are waiting to finish up the proper approval process.'

Thanks,

Garland

0 Kudos