Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Silent Installation of the Unite App

KImme
Beginner

I would like to deploy the Unite App broadly across my organization. We use SCCM for delivery of software. I looked through the online documentation and I cannot find any information on installation parameters to create a customized install. I want to set the installation to accept the license agreement, choose the enterprise install, set the server and public key information, set the install directory, and accept the installation. The installation should run and then place a Unite Launch Icon on the desktop.

Are there CLI switches that can service my requirements?

Has anyone had success with packaging an .MST to control the MSI install?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

senordude: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Unite™ app communities. We will do our best in order to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your question, to provide the most accurate response, could you please confirm if you are using Intel® Unite stand alone or enterprise version?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
KImme
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

senordude: Thank you very much for providing that information. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
KImme
Beginner

Just a note: If you made the installation media an MSI rather than an EXE we could use standard packaging tools to create a MST to customize the install.

0 Kudos
KImme
Beginner

I received an offline reply from mailto:supportreplies@intel.com supportreplies@intel.com that referred me to the Enterprise Deployment Guide at https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Enterprise_Deployment.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Enterprise_Deployment.pdf

I note that there is section showing the MSI property parameters. However I have not been able to locate an MSI version of the Windows Client installation files. I can only find Dell furnished EXE files for client software. Can someone tell me where to find the source MSI files?

0 Kudos
Claudio_G_Intel1
Employee

The answer was sent to your email, please let us know if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos