Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Skype for Business Plugin - Feature Request

PPric2
Novice

We have just begun looking into deploying Unite for our meeting rooms, and have found the SfB plugin to be a very useful addition. One request I have however is that a 'Show/Hide Stage' button is added to the client interface so that when teams are not actively presenting but wish to use the facility purely as a video conferencing hub we can do that seamlessly through the Unite app.

Also, I have no idea if this is possible or not, but if there were a way to have the hub able to establish an outgoing video call (i.e. extending the 'phone' option to dial SIP addresses) that would really make this a killer feature.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Phil.Price,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Unite™ app.

I have sent your request to the proper team, hopefully it can be considered for future releases.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
TBain1
Beginner

Yes... in our situation, somebody might be making a presentation at the start so showing the stage is appropriate. When the presentation part of the meeting is done, we want to see everyone in the normal video conference setup but we can't switch back so we're stuck with thumbnail views of people on the conference. Adding an "Show/Hide Stage" toggle control in the client (like we have for video and mic) would be great to address this.

0 Kudos
PPric2
Novice

So it was driving me a little bit nuts not being able to hide the stage, so this morning I've come up with a bit of a workaround.

It's an https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/ AutoIt script which I call Lync Stage Fright. It sits in the background waiting for a Skype for Business conversation - when it detects a conversation with the stage showing, but nobody presenting it will send the keyboard shortcut to hide the stage.

The advantage of this is that the presenter literally does not have to do a thing - the stage will appear and disappear as required.

Note that I've only tested it on a single machine running Intel Unite Hub at this stage and it will definitely need more testing before being put into production use.

etb let me know if you find this useful

TBain1
Beginner

Brilliant!

I've downloaded and installed on my test machine here. So far things seem to be working perfectly. I've tested with remote attendee presenting via sharing in Skype for Business and with local person sharing via Intel Unite. I'll continue to do more testing but thought I'd reply right away with a big "Thank You" for sharing this Phil.Price

0 Kudos
PPric2
Novice

@etb Awesome. Glad to hear it's working well

0 Kudos