Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Smudges on still images

MMark46
Beginner

Hi, we have problem illustrated on photo. Smudges shows up after few minutes and disappears when user move cursor. What can cause this?

Additional info:

- Unite version: 3.2.82.42

- enterprise mode (server in VM)

- no additional plugins

- hub hardware: NUC7I5DNK2E with firmware up to date

- hub OS: Windows 10 Pro 1709 with drivers and Windows Update up to date

- client connected via ethernet cable (no WiFi)

0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team, Michał.

For me to perform a deeper research and understand better this behavior I would like to know if this happens with different clients or with one in specific. Furthermore, is this error shown in a specific application or this will happen on any other application. Additionally, please make sure your Hub is having the latest graphics drivers (4944). If not, please download the drivers by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27484/a08/win64_15.65.4.4944.zip here and use https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html this guide to update them.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
MMark46
Beginner

Hi, after uninstalling driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio... ) and restarting hub, Windows automatically installed latest version:

This error happens with every tested client and is visible in MS Word and OneNote.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, Michał.

I will perform a deeper research regarding this issue you are facing, once I have an update I will let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Michał: Before I continue with my research, let me ask you: What happens with the NUC when running Word or OneNote while Intel Unite® is closed? Do this error occurs while Intel Unite® is closed? And, I would like to clarify, you have Intel Unite® Enterprise or Small Business? And the version is 3.2.82.42, am I correct?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
MMark46
Beginner

Antony, NUC itself doesn't have any apps installed (only Intel Unite Hub app). Problem is visible on hub when Word or OneNote is running on remote client machine. When Unite is closed and therefore no clients are connected, NUC acts ok. When client runs these apps locally, everything is also ok.

It's Unite Enterprise, version 3.2.82.42

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your response, Michał. I will be back to you as soon as possible.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michal,

Does this occur when you use "Present Application" as well as when you use "Present Screen" from the client? Also, are all the clients you are seeing this happen with running Windows?

Thanks,

Stan A
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michal,

I am following up to see if you still need assistance with this issue. If so, please provide the information requested in the previous post.

Thanks,

Stan A.
0 Kudos
MMark46
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the delay. Problem occurs only with "Present Screen" option and all the clients are running Windows.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michal,

You mentioned that the problem happens when clients are sharing MS Word and Onenote. Does the issue happen when other applications are being shared or just those two?

Also, could you post a picture of the hub when the screen looks normal? If you could also include a DxDiag report for the hub that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Stan A.
0 Kudos
MMark46
Beginner

Hi,

The problem was also observed in Excel and Internet Explorer - presumably also in other applications.

DxDiag output attached, unfortunately picture is not available at the moment - I'm not on site.

0 Kudos
MMüll4
Beginner

Dear Michal and Intel Unite Support Team,

we experience the same issue with blurry images when using full screen presentations.

We noticed it when using RDP sessions or attending WebEx Meetings (not with the Unite WebEx Plugin, a client connects to the WebEx and shares the screen to a hub).

But according to the thread this is more likely an issue with using full screen than specific applications during the sharing session.

If there is something we can share to find the cause and fix it, please let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

15 Hubs based on DELL OptiPlex 7040

~350 potential clients

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Micheal,

First thing to check: is the hub video driver updated to the latest version (also the clients)?

Can you tell us what type of display is attached to the hub (projector, monitor, etc.) and the model information? Also, how is the display connected to the hub (HDMI cable, video adapter, etc.)?

Thanks,

Stan A.
0 Kudos
MMüll4
Beginner

Hi Stan,

as we are aware of that because of previous problems with Unite and Display Drivers this was the first thing which was checked.

The drivers are the latest ones available for the devices by DELL for the hub and the clients.

Our hubs are connected to their displays with HDMI and use 1080p resolution. The hardware we use are DELL 72" PID, Crestron 72" Touch Displays (Touch not used currently on the hub) and LG projectors.

The problem happens on all devices, no matter which manufacturer.

All hubs have been reinstalled in February with the Windows 10 build 1709 and are fully patched up to today.

We have enabled logging on all clients and hubs and captured one occurrence of a client disconnecting unexpectedly from the hub as well as freezed images not continuing for ~20s but the logs are not very helpful: "User disconnected it self. If disconnect action was not initiated, this may be caused due to a closed socket exception"

Full log is available if required.

Is the provided information helpful?

Any help is much appreciated.

Michael

0 Kudos
ChrisC_Intel

Hi Michael,

Can you please provide us with the log files?

-Chris

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Michael_M.

For you to get the log files, please follow these steps:
  1. Download the Dependency Walker. This will help you to grab the info from the webric component Intel Unite®. Here is the download link: http://www.dependencywalker.com/ http://www.dependencywalker.com/
  2. Open the PeerClient.ddl located in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Unite\Client\x64
Please make sure you run the tool as Administrator.

Third party links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
MMüll4
Beginner

Hi Anthony,

The PeerClient.dll is located in \WinRTC\44 directory of the Unite Client.

When I launch the DepedencyWalker I receive a lot of error messages, one screenshot cannot cover at all:

Unite is basically working on the computer I tried to run the tool.

Please advise on further steps to get you the logs you require.

I also have a ticket raised within Unite Support (# 03400157), maybe these details should be discussed on a more private platform. Your colleagues Sebastien and Stan are involved there.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
KZawa2
Beginner

Problem still occurs, any ideas to solve it?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Kamil_Z. Thank you very much for joining the thread.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, please create a new thread explaining your problem. Make sure you include your system configuration and a clear explanation about the issue so we can give you a solution as soon as possible.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
KZawa2
Beginner

I don't want to duplicate this thread, becouse this is my problem too, Michael_M is my colleague.

0 Kudos