Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NKrit
Beginner

So not sure if this is fixable or not but when connecting to the wireless display (unite) when I click present screen or present application, everything works fine.

. A good example is going into a conference room and plugging in an HDMI. When I click present it on my laptop screen I see my notes and on the TV you see the FULL powerpoint with no notes. Make sense? My theory is that this is not fixable since there is no way to switch to the extended mode that powerpoint uses. I would like to know if this is fixable though.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello NKrit, You need to install the Extended display driver for this. Find it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28093/Intel-Unite-app-Extended-Display-Driver Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
NKrit
Beginner

Hi there Amy,

I appreciate the tip but unfortunately it still does not work. I've installed the latest software on the Intel Unite Hub and installed the Extended display driver on 2 laptops and was able to successfully replicate the issue. The issue is that it wont connect to the virtual display and times out after 30 seconds. I've attached the log file and as you can see at the end it times out. Thoughts?

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit Thank you for the information and the logfile. • What is the version of Intel Unite® installed in the environment? o Server Intel Unite® version: o HUB Intel Unite® version: o Client Intel Unite® version: • Please provide me with the msinfo32 report. o Use the key combination Windows key + R o Type msinfo32. o Select file and save it to your desktop. o To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. • What is the brand and model of the client reporting that has the behavior? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete the reports requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
NKrit
Beginner

Thanks LeoC_Intel! I'm working on finding out more information on versions, Thanks.

NKrit
Beginner

I can get the MSInfo32 report but I'm having trouble finding a version for you as our installers under details do not include this information

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit Thank you for the information. To find the information about the Intel Unite® version installed on the system (client and HUB) you can: 1- Go to settings. 2- System. 3- Apps and features. 4- Scroll down to find Intel Unite®. It is important to have the same version of Intel Unite® on the systems environment. Please provide me with the MSinfo32 report too. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to get the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
NKrit
Beginner

What is the version of Intel Unite® installed in the environment? 

Server Intel Unite® version: currently checking with our Networking Dept

HUB Intel Unite® version: 3.2.82.42

Client Intel Unite® version: 3.2.82.42

Sorry for the late response

NKrit
Beginner

It also will not let me upload the MSinfo report on the forums

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit Thank you for the information. What error are you having at the time of uploading the file? Have you tried to upload the MSinfo in a ZIP file? Also when you have that Intel Unite® server version please let me know. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
NKrit
Beginner

Zip file worked :)

NKrit
Beginner

I have the server version finally and listed below

Server Intel Unite® version: 3.2.82.42

HUB Intel Unite® version: 3.2.82.42

Client Intel Unite® version: 3.2.82.42

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit Thank you for all the detail on the behavior that you are facing and the log files and system details, allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit Thank you for waiting. We have recently published a new version for Intel Unite® app Extended Display Driver on Intel download center, try this driver on your environment and let me know the outcome. Reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28093/Intel-Unite-app-Extended-Display-Driver In case you face any error please provide me with the log file. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NKrit I was checking your case and would like to know have tested the driver in the system. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation