Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Standalone Intel Unite on HP Slice hub won't work over WiFi

idata
Employee

Hello,

We have run into a problem with using Intel Unite on HP Slice for meeting rooms hub, specifically over wireless networks.

It seems that we're not the first ones to encounter this problem but solution to this problem (if there is one) is only provided privately.

We have eliminated the usual suspects:

• Both the Hub and the Client are on the same wireless networks (same subnet)
  • Firewall has been disabled on both the Hub and the Client
  • The client cannot "find" the hub when both are connected to wireless (or if the hub is connected over wire but client is connected via wireless)
  • The client and hub both see each other using pings
  • Strangely enough, when connecting both the client and hub to mobile hotspot, the Unite solution works (client can connect to the hub)

Now considering the solution works while both devices are connected to the mobile hotspot, it would appear that the problem is in the corporate network. We use Aruba wireless access points and we have tried creating new SSID's specifically for this purpose with default settings, changing frequency between 5GHz and 2.4GHz and the issue still persists.

We would hope for a quick solution to this.

Thank you in advance,

Edvards.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi, edvards.antonovs, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Unite™ app communities.

In order to better assist you, you mentioned the solution for this problem is only provided privately, so, we just wanted to know, where did you saw that information, and if it possible to provide a link for us to be able to verify that?

The reason for that is to confirm the possible solution provided there in the case we need to send it to you privately as well.

Also, we just need to gather a few details from your system configuration:

Please provide the sku or ordering code of the computer you are using?

Please provide the model of your system?

Which Intel® Unite version are you running as a hub?

What is the current BIOS version of the computer?

Which Windows version are you using?

Please try a BIOS update to the latest version on your system, and then try to run the software again. (Please check with HP before trying that option, to get the instruction of how to do it)

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Alberto, thank you for your response.

A couple of examples are available at the front page of this forum, specifically /thread/104005 this thread, at the end of which @dany_at_intel requested contact information to continue with this issue privately, /thread/107013 and this thread, where resolution also follows privately.

But to return to the problem at hand I have gathered the information you required:

SKU: X6T99EA# B1R

Model: HP Elite Slice

Intel Unite version: 3.0.43.48 (both client and hub)

BIOS version: HP N25 Ver. 02.04 (the latest available)

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro (Build 10586)

Previously we had BIOS version 02.02, but after the update to 02.04 nothing has changed.

The issue still stands: Intel Unite works when both hub and client are connected to the network via wired ethernet, but Unite doesn't work when one of them (or both) are connected to the same network wirelessly.

Please let me know if you need any other information about our setup.

EDIT: After a little bit of further testing we've discovered that if you start presenting client's screen while both client and hub are connected to a wired network, and then remove the wire from client, it hops onto the wireless network and the screen still continues to share. If you then disconnect and try connecting again, it fails.

Best Regards,

Edvards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there a reason why the solution to this issue is not published publicly. All the threads I have read, it seems dany_at_intel is providing the solution privately.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

edvards.antonovs, Thank you very much for providing that information, we really appreciate that. At this point we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Alberto,

Thank you for escalating this issue. I hope to hear from you soon.

Please let me know if you require any other information about our setup or infrastructure.

Best Regards,

Edvards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Alberto,

Is there any news regarding this issue? Have you managed to find anything to help us address this issue in our environment?

Would greatly appreaciate a status update on this.

Best Regards,

Edvards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, edvards.antonovs, I just received some updates from the research we are doing on this matter, and based on that information we advice for the router settings to be plain and simple, no subnets or vlans or additional network environments rather than the default, please try to keep factory settings.

Also, UDP is the connection and packages transport method for Standalone mode, which is the main reason why it may reach/or not clients/hub connection when using a mix of wired and wireless connections, which is different from the Enterprise mode that mixed UDP and TCP, so please make sure you are using UDP.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for the reply.

Our previous setup was using the defaut settings of Aruba wireless access points, so we tested Intel Unite on a completely isolated network using TP-Link WAP with factory defaults and still client cannot make a connection to the hub although both are connected to the same WAP wirelessly.

We hope this little piece of information will help you narrow the issue down a bit more.

Best Regards,

Edvards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, edvards.antonovs, You are welcome. Thank you very much for sharing that information, it will be very helpful for us to further assist you.

In this case we will continue reviewing the case and as soon as I get any details I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alberto,

Are there any updates regarding this issue?

Maybe there is a more efficient way of communicating instead of relying on a public forum?

Please let me know if Intel are willing to address this issue privately.

This is a pressing issue so we would be happy to help resolve it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Edvards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alberto,

Are there any news about this issue? Is there at least a confirmation whether or not it's a network configuration issue or software issue?

We would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible and yet there doesn't seem to be any support.

Please let me know if you need any information and inform me about the status of the issue.

Best Regards,

Edvards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi edvards.antonovs: Yes, I just received an update on the research we are still currently doing on this matter and actually there is a new version for Intel Unite®, it is 3.1, please install that version and let us know if the problem persists:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25280/Intel-Unite-App https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25280/Intel-Unite-App

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi edvards.antonovs: I just wanted to check if you were able to install the new version for Intel® Unite and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alberto,

Yes, this issue has been resolved by the latest Intel Unite version (3.1).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi edvards.antonovs: Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Excellent, it is great to hear the problem got fixed, we just wanted to confirm that.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos