Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Standalone not reachable

GDhoo
Beginner

Hi there,

I've just received a demo device with Intel Unite. After installing some needed updates (win & BIOS), I was able to install the standalone Unite, where the device boots into Unite.

I can see the screen with "download client from xxxxx/download" with pin & preshared key.

The problem: I can't reach the PC over http.

It's wired over the same switch as the client PC I'm using.

I've disabled the windows firewalls on both devices.

Our company firewall normally doesn't restrict traffic inside this subnet.

I can ping the device.

How does the PC serve this HTTP page? Over IIS? How do I troubleshoot this issue?

KR

Glenn

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Glenn.D

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide us with the version of Intel Unite® that is installed on your system?

What is the model of your HUB? If you have any.

Are both PC on the same VLAN?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GDhoo
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

Thanks for helping me out.

The one that was first installed, according to the executable version, was 3.0.29.29. I downloaded and updated to 3.2.82.42.

The hardware is a HP Elite Slice.

Both the hub and my PC are on the same VLAN and same subnet. Traffic between the 2 devices doesn't go through our hardware firewall.

0 Kudos
GDhoo
Beginner

Today I took a look at the IIS settings.

It had a "default web site", with as applications "download" and "standaloneinfo".

The Download application points at a folder on the hard disk, inside the Unite folder structure, where a HTM with the downloads resides.

The default site is not started. The button to start it is missing. I tried to start it through Powershell but got an error.

I tried adding a 2nd website structure called IntelUnite, here the Start button appears. But I can't reach this started site either.

It looks like IIS is missing some critical components.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Glenn.D

Thank you for your response.

Could you help us verify that you can ping from Host PC to client PC and that from Client PC to Host PC?

For testing proposes could you turn off the firewall to test the app connectivity among the PCs?

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GDhoo
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

I answered these questions in my initial post. Yes, the PCs can ping each other. Turning off the firewall didn't work.

I can't test app connectivity, as I can't get the app (there is no web page). Alternatively I can download the app and install it manually, but I want to get the system working completely.

The issue is with IIS, I assume. I can't manage to conjure up the http page even by going to localhost on the hub.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Glenn.D

Yes, we saw in your initial post, we need to verify that you were able to ping from both ends, thank you for the clarification.

At this at this point we can try a reinstallation of the Intel Unite® system; please see your private inbox.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GDhoo
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

I removed the Unite application. Then I downloaded through the link you sent me, and installed the Hub component (standalone).

When I launch Unite, it shows me an IP address where I could supposedly download the app.

When I try to surf to that address, I get "HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found."

I get this error both on the PC itself ( http://localhost), as on another PC in our LAN.

When I look in IIS, I can see a "stop" sign on "default web site". It's as if the site is not started. There is no option to start it.

I've tried to make another IIS site that points to the same locations, but then it tells me something is wrong with the site (but the response changes, so that web site is doing something).

I've installed the client

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Glenn.D

We are looking into your situation, meanwhile, could you provide us with the model of the clients and the operating system (OS) on your configuration?

To confirm with you the configuration you have is HUB + clients?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GDhoo
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

The clients are various devices. I'm working on a HP Elite X2 1012, my colleague has a Dell workstation. All with Windows 10.

Since the IIS server is not reachable through the HUB PC itself (localhost), I'm fairly sure the issue lies with the Hub.

Yes, it's a standalone hub. One HP Elite Slice PC, updated, with Intel Unite software set-up in standalone (or small business) mode.

This setup was given to us as a demo, to verify Intel Unite as a solution. We'll have to give this demo setup back. I don't think the demo will be considered a success.

KR

Glenn

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Glenn.D

We are on your case, we will be posting back as soon as news become available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Glenn when using standalone/small business it is highly recommended to use a router with default settings, if you are hooking your devices to a corporate network this could impact the communication from the hub to the clients.

0 Kudos