Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Strange Com Surrogate CPU load when hit start button on Windows 10 enterprise creators update

AGren2
Beginner

Hello,

we have strange CPU load 40% on the COM Surrogate Process for about 1 minute after hit the start button on all Windows 10 creators update machines with Intel Unite Client 3.1.41.18 installed. Is it a known error? After the uninstall of Intel Unite the com surrogate cpu load is gone.

Please help,

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Alexej,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will take a look at this COM surrogate CPU usage issue.

I need to update my demo to the latest Windows® 10 Creators and do some testing with Intel® Unite, I will update this thread as soon as I get news about this matter.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alexej,

Thank you for your patience. I was able to update to the latest Windows® 10 Creators and tried to replicate this issue but I did not get same results.

I checked both processes Intel® Unite and COM Surrugate and the highest CPU usage I got was 24.1% with Intel® Unite and 0% with COM Surrugate.

It might be some other process that is running in the background that causes the CPU load go up to 40%.

Hope it helps.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
AGren2
Beginner

Hello Allan,

thank you for your reply. I figured also out, that this behaviour only appears if you have a intel onboard graphic card installed in the notebook. i can reproduce the issue on several notebooks. Also on a fresh installed Windows 10 without any other software.

I can show you the behaviour in a remote session if you want.

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alexej,

Thank you for taking the time and update this thread.

This is interesting, if you are saying that the onboard graphics solution may cause this problem, I am sure our Intel® graphics department would like to know about it.

Please report this issue at /community/tech/graphics https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics

They will require some hardware and software configuration, fill out the following /thread/77761 form and create new post through the graphics community area.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alexej,

I was reviewing this case and since I was trying to replicate this matter, I would like to know if you can send Intel® Unite log files.

For debug logs review remember to access the folder localization and run the following command:

"Intel Unite Launcher.exe" /debug

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.

0 Kudos
AGren2
Beginner

Hello Alan,

you can find attached the debug log. But i think you will not find an error as unite is working properly on the client. The problem with the com Surrogate CPU load occurs also when the unite application is not running. I think the unite driver is causing somehow the problem. We had also the com Surrogate crash with the old unite version ( ) maybe the fix in the new version is solving the crash but causing now the com surrogate cpu load.

Please help.

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
AGren2
Beginner

Hello Alan,

any update on this issue? Are you able to reproduce this issue now? Maybe it occurs only on windows 10 Creators Update Enterprise version?

Could you please test it?

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alexej,

Thank you for the report, I have forwarded the information to the appropriate team.

This thread will be updated as news become available.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
AGren2
Beginner

Hello Allan,

do you have any updates on this issue.

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos