Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricH
Beginner

System brodcast server, can't get hubs to show as online or access System Configuration page

Having issues with trying to setup SBS on my server, have just updated Unite server to v4.1.6111.13 and trying to install the System Broadcast Server plugin v4x.

have managed to get to the web UI but the System Configuration page gives an "Error in AjaxService" message and doesn't load the port1/2/SSL settings.

event logs show two errors for this attempt:

SystemBroadcast.Server.Config.API.ConfigurationController
An error occurred while sending the request.
   at SystemBroadcast.Services.HttpClientWrapper.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at SystemBroadcast.Server.Config.API.ConfigurationController.<GetUser>d__10.MoveNext()
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

and:

SystemBroadcast.Server.Config.API.ConfigurationController
Processing of the HTTP request resulted in an exception. Please see the HTTP response returned by the 'Response' property of this exception for details.
   at SystemBroadcast.Server.Config.API.ConfigurationController.<Get>d__8.MoveNext()

I'm assuming i have to manually add the hostname of each display? as when i open a hub with the configuration for SBS it doesn't show in the display list but as the hub is starting up the server logs get filled with the error:

SystemBroadcast.Server.Services.HubServerManager
ws.js error: createHubServer/onConnection/onError
{"code":"ECONNRESET","errno":"ECONNRESET","syscall":"read"}

the registry seems to be with correct settings as the system service is listening on ports 4001/4002.

any idea where i should be looking for the issue? any other settings/log files you need to assist tracking down the issue?

EDIT:

so i've done some more digging and i think i found the source of the issue but my problem is that it's within the DLL code:

public ConfigurationController(IHttpClientWrapper client, IRoutingService routingService, IConfigurationService configurationService, ISystemAdminManager systemAdminManager, ILoggingService loggingService)
		{
			this._client = client;
			this._routingService = routingService;
			this._loggingService = loggingService;
			this._configurationService = configurationService;
			this._configurationService.RequireTls();
			this._configurationService.SpecifyHost(Dns.GetHostEntry("localhost").HostName);
			this._configurationService.SpecifyPath("systembroadcast/server/user");
			this._systemAdminManager = systemAdminManager;
		}

my systems primary hostname is say SERVER1.internaldns but the SSL cert is setup for INTELUNITE.internaldns so the hostname IIS is using doesn't match the cert name.

is there a way to work around this? i've tried creating a self signed cert for SERVER1.internaldns which has got me past the first error but i'm still getting the second error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello EricH

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for your patience in this matter.

We are checking the details you have provided. Please allow us to review this further and as soon as we have more information avialable we will be updating this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician