Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The SMTP configuration is empty

I'm deploying out a new Intel Unite 4.x server. I confirmed that I can send mail via iis by using the mailroot/drop method. However when I request a pin on I receive this error within the Unite Client (debug enabled):

Info [RangerHelper] Get authorization token: {"code":112,"success":false,"data":{"message":"The SMTP configuration is empty"}}

I've also confirmed that the smtp settings are located within the web.config for the default site.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BBart9, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. We were reviewing your thread and we would like to know the following information. 1. Intel® System Support Utility report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2. MSinfo report 3. The Unite SQL file. This file is usually located in the hub in the directory set by %temp% (On Windows) variable. This file is a SQLite database, it can be opened with any SQL Client 4. The form below. Problem details Problem description: Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always): Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots): Attempted workaround (settings changes, etc.): Environment (office, enterprise, school, hospital, factory, home): HUB/Client computer details HUB manufacturer(s): HUB model(s) and SKU: Client model(s): Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version: Intel Unite® Client version: If problem happens with Extended Display provide version: Intel Unite® HUB version: Intel Unite® Server version: If problem is related to database please specify MS SQL version: Intel Unite® Small Business version (if applies): Intel Unite App Extended display driver version (if applies): HUB and Client Graphics Driver version and vendor: Number of systems affected: Intel Plug in information (If applies) Name of the plugin: Plugin Version: Debug data Please provide the necessary logs based on customer issue and requirements Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

BBart9, We would like to take a closer look, so let us know if you need further assistance. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello BBart9 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I had two issues.

1. My default cipher order was wrong. I believe this was due to an old policy, resolved error with: https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto
  2. The SMTP configuration for IIS. Although the SMTP configuration was applied on the default site Intel Unite wasn't detecting it. I ended up applying SMTP settings on every site/app. I'm not for sure which one caused it to register.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello BBart9 Thank you for the information, I am glad to hear that you have solved the issues, let me know if you have other questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem as BBart9 - unfortunately I cannot solve my problem with its solutions. I also get the same error "The SMTP configuration is empty" as BBART9

What can i do, to solve this Problem.

In the Attchmend you can find the unte-sql file.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Please share the solution.

0 Kudos