Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

The server does not respond

JSmit43
Beginner

I have installed Intel Unite Enterprise server onto a VM with Server 2012 Standard R2 and SQLExpress. ASP.NET and .NET Framework 4.5 are also installed along with IIS. The Admin portal opens and I get a login however it will not login and gives the error "The server does not respond". I have installed Unite version 3.1.32.12.

Thank you,

Jason

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jason@Mohawk,

Please let me review this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
JSmit43
Beginner

Thank you Amy C.

I am attempting to setup the Enterprise Solution for the first time. So far I must say it hasn't been the smooth implementation. I appreciate any help you have to offer.

Thank you,

Jason

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks to you Jason.

I would like to confirm a couple of things, please see below;

1. Verify the Web Service installation was successful, following the link: https:///unite/ccservice.asmx

• Select GetProfile.
  • Enter test in the value field and press invoke

Page 14 of the Intel® Unite™ Solution Enterprise Deployment Guide will give you a better look.

2. Add Roles and Features to the server using

• Server manager
    • Server Roles: Web Server
  • Include Management Tools
  • Add .NET Framework 3.5 features
  • Add .NET Framework 4 features
    • ASP .NET
      • WCF Services
      • HTTP Activation
    • Web Server Roles:
      • Web Server, Common HTTP features and Default Document.

3. Confirm if able to see the "UniteServer" database by accessing to SQL Server Management Studio.

Find the Intel® Unite™ Solution Enterprise Deployment Guide here: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Unite%203.0%20Enterprise%20Deployment.pdf http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Unite%203.0%20Enterprise%20Deplo

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jason, hope you were able to check my previous input.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
BvanW
Beginner

Hello Amy C.

I have the same problem, if i put test in the asked value field then it generate this page:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user &# 39;UniteServiceUser&# 39;.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at CCService.GetProfile(String fqdn)

Maybe you can help me with the problem.

I have followed the installation guide and everything is created in the SQL server, as asked from the guide.

Brecht

0 Kudos
BvanW
Beginner

Hello,

I found the solution, here is the link:

https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/23/SQLserver-enable-mixed-authentication.html Configuring an existing SQL instance to host the Lansweeper database

Brecht

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for sharing this link Brecht.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos