Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Unable to run Unite Hub on Dell 5580 (has 7th Gen i7 vPro).

1ManITDept
Beginner

From the debug output I get error: Expected Generation 8 but returned 7. Does the processor have to be 8th Gen to run Unite Hub? No where in the requirements does it say that it needs to be 8th Gen. I can't find anything on the internet regarding this. Can anyone help me please?

I have managed to configure the server on a VM and is working flawlessly.

Running version 3.3

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept, 

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

According to the Intel Unite® Solution Deployment Guide, Intel Unite® requires a supported SKU, 4th generation or newer Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor-based mini PC.

Based on the error message you are receiving, you may have a SKU that is not compatible with Intel Unite®. To obtain more information about supported SKUs, we recommend contacting your computer manufacturer. 

We also recommend contacting Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers to obtain more information.

Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
1ManITDept
Beginner

What difference is there between SKU of a Laptop running 7th Gen vPro and a mini PC? Is it not possible to run Unite Hub on a laptop based on same/similar processor? I was thinking of POCing on laptops before actually purchasing the Mini PCs.

0 Kudos
1ManITDept
Beginner

Hi I have an update. I managed to install the newer version (version 4.0). I don't get this error but a different one now.

0x00542 The required hub version is missing, pleas go to the admin portal to restore hub version.

I also don't have a hub configuration in the Admin Portal.

When I try to select the version I don't get any option in the drop down.

image.png

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

Thank you for your response.

You may be able to use a laptop provided that the SKU is supported by Intel Unite®.

Based on the error message you are receiving, the configuration for the Enterprise Server is empty. To configure the Enterprise Server for Intel Unite® Solution, please review the section 4.6 of the Deployment Guide. There you will find instructions to Upload the Hub and Client Package Files to the Admin Portal, Create a Hub Configuration, Create a Client Configuration, among other steps.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
1ManITDept
Beginner

Yes I've read that but when trying to create a configuration profile for the Hub I am unable to select "Intel Unite Software Version", the drop down doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

Before creating a configuration, you need to upload the Hub and Client Package files to the Admin Portal. They are also known as "Manifests or .cab files". If you downloaded Intel Unite® Solution from your computer manufacturer, the files should be available at their website.

Please let us know if you are able to upload these files and create a Hub/Client configuration.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
1ManITDept
Beginner

Managed to create the configuration just fine. I can confirm the hardware configuration I am using (laptop) is not compatible. Would the intel compute stick be compatible with Intel Unite ?

https://www.amazon.de/Intel-BOXSTK1AW32SC-Compute-Desktop-Festplatte/dp/B01AZC4NHS/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=intel+compute-stick&qid=1559723525&s=gateway&sr=8-3

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

We are glad to hear that you were able to create a configuration.

If you would like to use an Intel® Compute Stick as a collaborative hub, then this model is not supported: Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC.

We recommend using this model: Intel® Compute Stick STK2mv64CC

For more options on Mini PCs designed for Intel Unite®, you can also check the various Mini PCs near the bottom of the Intel Unite® Solution page.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

If you need further assistance on the issue reported at the beginning, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
1ManITDept
Beginner

Hi WannerG,

What difference does the SKU make on different Intel Compute Sticks? I'm having issues find a retailer with this specific SKU. I'm based in Malta, Europe.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

Not all systems based on Intel® vPro™ technology support Intel Unite®. For this reason, mini PC models are specifically designed to support the Intel Unite® solution.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

If you have further questions about supported SKUs for Intel Unite® Solution, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello 1ManITDept,

Please contact us back if you need further assistance.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos