cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sen_L_Intel
Employee

Unite Standalone Client can not modify the "Shared Key Value" on MAC

Dear,

the unite standalone client on Mac can only add "shared-key-value" ONCE when it was installed at first time on Mac X OS. there is no "setup" button in the right-bottom of the GUI, and even it was uninstalled, and installed again, the "shared-key-value" dialog would not appear again. when the customer changed the "shared-key-value" on the hub, the client of mac system would not connect the hub for ever, since it could not update the 'shared-key-value" correspondingly.

please help check this issue, I believe it's bug for unite standalone client of Mac OS.

thanks,

-Edward

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Lin_Edward,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In order to further investigate this issue, would you please reply with the following information:

SKU:

OS version:

System model:

Intel® unite version that you are running:

Bios version and if you have the latest version:

Best regards,

Ivan.

Sen_L_Intel
Employee

Sen_L_Intel
Employee

Ivan,

the Unite Client is 3.0, I downloaded it from intel official web-site, the max os is a general one, please try it on the mac OS, and you will find the issue, I believe it's a common issue.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/software/software-applications/intel-unite-app.html Support for Intel® Unite&# 153; app

anyway, if you still need the version for all of them, please use the latest ones. if you can't reproduce the issue, please attach the pictures to prove it.

thanks a lot,

-Edward

Sen_L_Intel
Employee

Ivan,

I suppose it's a software issue, you asked me for bios version. For the mac OS, I have no idea how to see the bios version, and any customer would not check the bios before they installed Unite Client.

BRs,

-Edward

idata
Community Manager

We are aware of some issues with the Intel® Unite app and the Mac computer; we have similar issue reported here:

/thread/111770 https://communities.intel.com/thread/111770

At this point to better assist you and to further investigate the issue, I will really appreciate if you can gather most of the information requested above, if you can't get the BIOS version that will be fine.

Best regards,

Ivan.

Sen_L_Intel
Employee

Ivan,

it's different with case 111770, and I also see it's a little long time for that case no to be update. I do suggest you install the client from intel's official web-site, and you will see the issue.

BTW: I have attached the information for your reference.

thanks,

-Edward

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information Lin_Edward, please allow me to further investigate on this, once we get an answer we will post it here.

Ivan.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Lin_Edward,

I just got this information that can work for you and I will really appreciate if you can try it.

Go to the keychain access (you can look for this option with the search bar at the mac osx main menu)

At the keychain access do a search and enter unite:

The result should display Intel® Unite standalone key, after that you will be able to delete the previously entered shared key. Relaunch the Unite client and a new shared key will be asked to be entered.

Please let me know if this works for you, if not, we will need to continue with the investigation.

Best regards,

Ivan.
Sen_L_Intel
Employee

Ivan,

I've verified it, and it works well.

thanks a lot for your great support.

idata
Community Manager

You are more than welcome!

I'm glad that it worked for you and I appreciate you have taken your time to let us know that it worked.

Best wishes,

Ivan.