cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee5
Beginner

Unite on vPro Compute Stick

Jump to solution

I'm an MSP and when I saw the new vPro Compute Stick, I thought 'this is exactly what I was waiting for' so I could use Unite in my office and take it on the road to demo to clients.

So I just installed the 2.0 version from the MSP site download, and it _doesn't_ install. It goes through the process and at the end it briefly shows 'rollback' and ends with a dialog that says "The Intel Unite Software Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

And that's it. No logs to look at (that I know of), and no direction on what to do.

$600+ cost from Synnex Canada for this little puppy, and would _really_ like to use it for the reason I bought it.

At IT Nation last year, the Unite presentation folks said it will work on any system with vPro.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

David Lee

DigiVie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rhett_L_Intel
Employee

David,

I'm from Intel's Unite team.

Thanks for your interest in Unite and Intel compute stick! You are definitely an early adopter!

We are currently working on a Unite version 3.0 that will be available in mid-July that will work on Intel's vPro compute stick.

We are currently working on final validation on a variety of compute sticks, OEM systems, etc.

Unite versions 1 and 2 do not work with Intel's vPro compute stick.

Regards,

Rhett

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rhett_L_Intel
Employee

David,

I'm from Intel's Unite team.

Thanks for your interest in Unite and Intel compute stick! You are definitely an early adopter!

We are currently working on a Unite version 3.0 that will be available in mid-July that will work on Intel's vPro compute stick.

We are currently working on final validation on a variety of compute sticks, OEM systems, etc.

Unite versions 1 and 2 do not work with Intel's vPro compute stick.

Regards,

Rhett

View solution in original post

DLee5
Beginner

Hey Rhett,

Ok, so I feel better now

Need a beta tester?

I'd also be trying to make this work from a LAN to a wifi subnet on a Sonicwall in Standalone mode - hopefully that's on the feature list for 3.0! Being able to do this would certainly make the solution a lot more saleable in the SMB market.

Cheers,

David

Rhett_L_Intel
Employee

David,

Yes, we have a beta testing program we're working on in July.

You can send an email to Eric Townsend (mailto:eric.townsend@intel.com eric.townsend@intel.com) or Scott Schafer (mailto:scott.schafer@intelmsp.com scott.schafer@intelmsp.com) to get information on the Unite 3.0 trials.

Thanks for your interest!

Regards,

Rhett