Intel Unite® App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ app
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
456 Discussions

Unite without https possible?

EMSH
Beginner

Hello,

is it possible to run Unite V4 without https?

Or can Clients ignore self signed Certificates?

Installation of the self signed certificate into the root-Certificate-Area on the Clients is not a practicable solution. 

I thought the Registry-Entries are functional, but when i set the DisableCertificateChainValidation-Entry to 1, the Clientsoftware on a Windows 10 PC (not the HUB or Server) starts when i klick the registrationlink from the landing-Page and immediately close. Only in the Right Area of the Taskbar is the Unite-Symbol. When i Mouseover it disapeares.

A real Certificate is not possible to use. The Hub-Installation is in a separatetd Network without Internetconnection and i can´t renew every Year the Certificate. In the best way it runs like Version 3 Small Business. 

Greetings

Jürgen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

We understand that you are looking forward to using Intel Unite® 4.x without the certificate in the client.

With Intel Unite® 4.x requires the certificate in the devices, to understand better the behavior that you are having please share with us a video of this behavior.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

The use of the certificate, the requirements, and set-up configuration for Intel Unite® 4.x on-premise that are on the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite... are a must to have the environment running.

Nevertheless, based on the setup and use that you want to use it may be worth considering the use of Intel Unite® cloud service to avoid the use of the certificate and server set up/installation.

Please refer to the following links to useful data:

Enabling More-Flexible Collaboration Spaces in the Hybrid Workplace: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/cloud-collaboration.html

Pricing for the Intel Unite® Solution: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/cloud-collaboration/option....

New Intel Unite Cloud Service Makes Enterprise Collaboration Accessible for Organizations of All Sizes: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/new-intel-unite-cloud-service-makes-enterprise-collaboration-accessi....

Deployment Guide for the Intel Unite® Cloud Service: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032973/software.html.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

EMSH
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

as i told in my other post, the Unite solution should run in a separate network without an Internet connection and ideally as it was with Unite version 3.

The Cloud -Solution can not be used. 

You Told me in my other Post, that the BKNUC8V5PNH can run with Unite V3. How can i get it run with this version? The Log-Files i posted show that a Processoe in Version 7 is required. Is there a Download for Version 3 to get it run on BKNUC8V5PNH? 

Greetings Jürgen

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

The configuration you are describing is related to your other thread https://community.intel.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/nucs/message-id/83543#M83543. We are currently looking into this request to provide an answer soon.

Also, we understand that you opened this thread to inquiry about running Intel Unite® without https/certificate. Please let us know if our previous posts addressed your questions so that we can clos this thread, and continue working on your other thread.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Wanner G.

EMSH
Beginner

Hallo,

all questions are open. No Question is fully answered with a solution that i can install the Unite-Hubs at my client.

Greetings Jürgen

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

Thank you for the response please let us know the following details:

Can you provide us with more details about the issue that he is having with the BKNUC8V5PNH at the time of installing Intel Unite® 3.x?

How is the unite client connecting with the unite HUB if the HUB is on a separate network without an Internet connection?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

EMSH
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

here the Logfiles from the UniteV3.

At the moment the NUC is connected in my office in a network with internet. I installed Windows 10 pro updatet it completely. With intel driver updater i updated Drivers and Bios. I installed Unite V3 in Small Business version. 

I need a solution very soon.

Greetings

Jürgen

Alberto_M_Intel
Employee

Hello EMSH,

Thank you for the information provided. Please allow us to review the data and we will reply back shortly with our findings and next step to take on this matter.

Thank you.

Alberto M.

Alberto_M_Intel
Employee

Hello EMSH,

We hope you are doing fine. We are following in our post done on 06/28/2021 and would like to know if you were able to capture the video of the system behavior?

Thank you

EMSH
Beginner

Hello,

i can capture a Video next Week. This Week i have no Time to do this. You can see not very much on this Video. When the Client-Software is startet with the HUB-Link, the Unite-Client Startlogo is shown and dissapear immediately when in the registry DisableCertificateChainValidation  is set to 1. 

I have a lot of discussion with my client right now about why the solution with Unite does not work as promised. I am currently spending a lot of hours trying to get it done somehow.

It looks like that version 4 does not allow an offline standalone solution. The certificate check can probably not be deactivated. Since access to the devices of the people who are supposed to present via Unite is generally not possible, a certificate activation on the client is also not possible and not practicable, since not everyone can set registry entries. At the moment I can only hope to get a solution so that I can at least get version 3 running on the NUC, as it was stated by Leonardo that the V3 works with this device and on the basis of this I state the V8 NUCs for the customer I bought extra in order to be able to set up a working solution for my customer at least this week. But unfortunately that doesn't work either. I have now spent a lot of money on devices and wasted a lot of time trying it out, have to argue with my customer why he does not get what was agreed in time, and still have no solution. I hope that I will get a solution for the V3 on the NUC8 from you very quickly. I lose a lot of money as a result, but my customer would be happy if V3 also runs on the NUCv8 instead of the NUCv11.

SergioS_Intel

Hello EMSH,

We appreciate your feedback on your previous post and also we will be looking forward for the video requested so we can continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

SergioS_Intel

Hello EMSH,

We are following your case and would like to know if you were able to get the video with the requested information.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

If you have an update, kindly let us know.

We understand that you are trying to set up Intel Unite® 4.X without using a certificate. Please keep in mind that the certificate is a requirement of Intel Unite® 4.X.

You can try to install Intel Unite® Cloud and configure the hub and clients as we suggested on previous posts.

If possible, please confirm the hardware you are using to install Intel Unite® 4.x: models and SKU.

As for the NUC8 with Intel Unite® 3.x, please provide the following details:

• Are you running into errors during the installation?
  • What is the current status of the Intel Unite® environment?
  • What is the NUC8 model and SKU?

Wanner G.

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

This is a follow-up post. We look forward to your response.

Wanner G.

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

We have sent you a message to the email address associated with your profile. 

Wanner G.

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello EMSH,

Since we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread. 

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Wanner G.