I watched a video on Intel Unite - seems very simple from the video made by intel - show me hooking up a computer to a screen, then being able to connect to it from any mac or PC. Then I try to find an end to end detailed manual - couldn't but it looks like I need a Windows server, SQL, a nuc, and specialized equipment? I can't find the intel unite software - how much it costs or if it is free.
Can someone tell me if I'm setting up a single conference room with a single screen using a Logitech group conference.
1. Do I need a Windows server running windows server or can Intel Unite work without it? If so besides SQL what software do I need and where do I get it?
2. If I can just run a nuc or other device connected to the screen - does it have to be a specific model or can I use any old PC?
3. For the device connected to the screen what software do I need and where do I get it?
4. For the laptops of the people walking into the room to use the screen - what software do they need and where do they get it?
5. Are there any details other than this that I need to know?
Hello, boed. Thank you for joining the Intel Community.
Regarding your questions:
- A Windows* Server is required in the case that you want to set Intel Unite® Enterprise (cf. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017827/software/software-applications.html Components and System Requirements for the Intel Unite® app).
- A list of Intel Unite® compatible units are listed in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/intel-unite-overview.html# tab-blade-1-0 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/intel-unite-overview.html# tab-blade-1-0
- In order to get the Intel Unite® app, please get in touch with one of the Intel® Authorized Distributors. A list of Intel® Authorized Distributors can be found in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html
- In order to get the Intel Unite® app Client, please get in touch with one of the Intel® Authorized Distributors.
- I have sent you a private message with more useful information. Please check your inbox.
I hope this answers all your questions.
I would like to know if you have additional questions. If so, do not hesitate to reply to this thread.
Intel Customer Support Technician
Under Contract to Intel Corporation