Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Where are the client and hub cab drivers?

LS7
Novice

I recently installed Intel Unite Server 4.0.991.43 using the server app package hosted on Intel's site. The documentation here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_4_Solution_Deployment.pdf

references uploading cab files to allow centralized configuration of the hubs from the server. There are no cab files in the hosted application package. The package extracts an msi, and two xml files. There are no cabs.

The documentation references these are in the Intel Unite Solution Installer zip file. There is no such labelled download in the download section for this service. Where is the repository for these files and how are they obtained?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Per user @EBenn​ just call Intel Support. They ignored the online ticket for over 48 hours. A call got me to a technician immediately who hosted the installer with the manifests included. Verified that the hosted package on Dell is significantly different than the same version package from Intel. As of Jan 2018, if you purchased the hub from Dell, you'll need to get the cabs from Intel.

1 Solution
EBenn
Beginner

By putting in a support ticket and going though the info song and dance, I was sent a link. They ask not to share, so I would put in a support ticket to see if they will give you the link as well.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello LS7, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Also, please provide us with a MSINFO32 report: 1) Please press Windows Key + the letter "R" on your keyboard to bring up the to open the Run command window 2) Type "msinfo32" in the Open field and left-click OK 3) While viewing the Microsoft System Information summary, go to File then choose Save (Please do not use Export) 4) Save your MSINFO32 report as "msinfo32.nfo" on your desktop to easily locate it after. It can take up to a minute to generate a report. In addition, please provide us with the following details: HUB/Client computer details HUB manufacturer(s): HUB model(s) and SKU: Client model(s): Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version: Intel Unite® Client version: If problem happens with Extended Display provide version: Intel Unite® HUB version: Intel Unite® Server version: If problem is related to database please specify MS SQL version: Intel Unite® Small Business version (if applies): Intel Unite App Extended display driver version (if applies): HUB and Client Graphics Driver version and vendor: Number of systems affected: I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
LS7
Novice

Hello Diego. Just checking in; is there any additional information I can provide to help facilitate finding out where to get the hub packages? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
LS7
Novice

Hi Diego,

Please see included files and information. The hub immediately drops into a PIN request screen, so I'm not sure what's running on it.

HUB manufacturer(s): Dell

HUB model(s) and SKU: Opti 7060

Client model(s): NA, not in use yet

Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version:

Intel Unite® Client version: UNK

If problem happens with Extended Display provide version: UNK

Intel Unite® HUB version: UNK

Intel Unite® Server version: 4.0.991.43

If problem is related to database please specify MS SQL version: NA

Intel Unite® Small Business version (if applies): NA

Intel Unite App Extended display driver version (if applies): NA

HUB and Client Graphics Driver version and vendor: UNK

Number of systems affected: 1

EBenn
Beginner

This is also an issue for me. The instructions state you need to upload these cab package files to the enterprise server's Admin Portal. Per the instructions "If packages are not uploaded to the server, the hubs and clients will not be configured, and they will not be functional." The issue is that these files are not available via INTEL, or the resellers. I've extracted all the files downloaded from Dell, no CAB files exist within the installers. So where do we get the files?

LS7
Novice

Thanks for this! I kept thinking I was missing something obvious or there was some dependent understanding I was supposed to have to install this. We didn't get any physical media with the hub from Dell, and as you mentioned, if they're present in the Dell repository they aren't verify intuitive (to me) to identify. Same with the Intel repository. The default "send us the logs" thing I'm assuming is just standard protocol for trying to address a service issue in the forums, but yeah, nothing is broken. I just need the information on where to source these files!

JMilb
Beginner

Did anyone manage to find these CAB files anywhere? I'm having the same problem now, no way to follow the Unite Server 4.0 Deployment Guide without those files.

0 Kudos
EBenn
Beginner

By putting in a support ticket and going though the info song and dance, I was sent a link. They ask not to share, so I would put in a support ticket to see if they will give you the link as well.

JMilb
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that route.

0 Kudos
MAlbr2
Beginner

Trying it too. Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
LS7
Novice

Ticket submitted. Thanks for the heads up. I'm fine with submitting to Support but it would be helpful if they didn't treat the forums as a support channel if that is the case. Redirecting to the forums first and presenting forum members with role titles like [location-cs] presents like the forums are a valid and preferred first support channel.

0 Kudos
Will
Beginner

I really can't believe that the Intel reps would not supply the information for these files on this thread. The files are here, on Dell's website. I found them after a quick google search.

0 Kudos
LS7
Novice

They weren't there when the thread was created. Intel confirmed the files were not public at the time and generated a limited use URL for download from support.

We abandoned Unite a while ago, wasn't what was promised. Massive disconnect (for our experience) between sales, POC teams, and actual implementation support. Microsoft Teams has been meeting need easily, and Airtames fill in the gaps where needed.

Best of luck, hope your experience is better than ours was.

0 Kudos