Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Why does Mac OS client version not have 8-digit pin?

NHayt
Beginner

Hi there,

I have deployed unite on a Dell OptiPlex 7060 Micro in the office. This is on our windows conferencing computer. Everyone else works on Macbooks, however.

The only version that worked on our Hub is Version 3.3.163.51, A00

Opening Unite works and we have an 8-digit PIN. Every version I have downloaded for Mac seems to require a 6-digit.

Can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NHayt,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

The Intel Unite® hub for Small Business provides an 8-digit alphanumeric PIN format. For this reason, clients should be configured as Intel Unite® Small Business, too. If the clients are not configured in this way, you will be required to use a 6 digit numeric PIN to connect to Intel Unite® app. It is worth mentioning that the Intel Unite® Hub for Enterprise mode provides a 6-digit PIN code.

We would like to mention the following differences between Intel Unite® Small Business and Intel Unite® Enterprise:

1. Intel Unite® Small Business does not require a server to work. In contrast, Intel Unite® Enterprise does.

2. Intel Unite® 3.X supports Intel Unite® Small Business while Intel Unite® 4.x does not.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NHayt,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided? 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NHayt,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos