Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

iOS app takes long time to connect to server

After upgrading to 4.0 it takes sometimes up to 60 seconds for iOS devices to connect to the PIN server and bring up the PIN screen. Windows and MAC devices do not have this issue.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted

Hello AColo12,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to have a better understanding of your environment, could you please provide the following information?

1- What was the previous version of Intel Unite® Software which iOS devices were working fine?

2- Please provide the current Intel Unite® App full 4.x version number on the Server, HUB, and clients (Windows, Mac, iOS and android if available):

3- Please confirm iOS OS version on clients:

4- Please provide Apple® iOS devices models:

5- Are the iOS client devices connecting to the corporate network on side? (not using VPN or connecting remotely)

6- Are you using a certificate on the environment? If yes, is it self-signed and is the certificate SHA2?

7- Do you have a firewall running in the HUB or a firewall running on the network?

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

1. I was previously running Unite 3.3 and iOS devices had no issue connecting
  2. I am currently running 4.0 on the server, hubs and clients.
  3. iOS Unite App is version 4.0.3
  4. iOS version 12.3
  5. iOS devices are connected to corporate network on site
  6. We are using a signed SHA2 certificate
  7. There are no firewalls running on the HUB and the network firewall does not have any internal restrictions put in place.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AColo12,

Thank you for your response.

Please allow me to look into this behavior and I will be posting back as soon as I have an update.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AColo12,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regarding the issue described, could you please try upgrading the Mac clients to the latest version 4.1 and test the behavior?

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AColo12,

I would like to know if you were able to upgrade the Mac clients to version 4.1 and to test the behavior.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I spoke with another Intel rep who informed me that the spinning wheel issue is caused by using .local as our primary DNS suffix and Apple has relegated resolution in those DNS zones to mDNS only.

He suggested that I turn of auto-configure in the settings which has made some improvements in the load times but sometimes The issue reappears and I have to minimize the app and reopen it to bring up the PIN screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AColo12,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the steps you took and how it has made some improvements.

Were these steps done while running Intel Unite® client version 4.0?

Were you able to update the clients to version 4.1? If yes, is the behavior the same?

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AColo12,

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to update the clients to version 4.1? If yes, is the behavior the same? If you need further assistance or have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Andrew, I upgraded the server and all the clients to 4.1 and the issue still persists. Pressing the iPad home button then re-launching the app will stop the spinning wheel and bring up the PIN screen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

Any update on this issue?

0 Kudos