AI Tools from Intel
Find answers to your toolkit installation, configuration, and get-started questions.

Intel Ai kit: broken symlink

sung
Beginner

Today, I installed the intel-aikit using dnf on my Rocky linux server. When I look in /opt/intel/oneapi/intelpython/latest/envs, I see 2 broken symlinks:

• pytorch-1.12.0 -> ../../../pytorch/1.12.0
  • tensorflow-2.9.1 -> ../../../tensorflow/2.9.1

The directories that do exist are:

• ../../../pytorch/1.12.0.1
  • ../../../tensorflow/2.9.1.1

I just wanted to bring these to the developers' attention.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
asin

Hi Sung,

This issue has been closed due to the fix in AI Kit 2023.1.1. If you request further support, please submit a new ticket.

Thank you,

Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We are able to reproduce the issue. We are working on this internally, will get back to you soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

I have created a JIRA ticket with our installation team and will let you know the status of the fix.

May I also know what version of oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit you are using? 2023.0?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
sung
Beginner

Hi. Thanks for creating the ticket.

According to my package manager, I am using version 2023.0.0-26100

0 Kudos
sung
Beginner

There is another broken symlink at /opt/intel/oneapi/intelpython/python3.9/lib/release_mt, which currently points to ../lib/release that doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

I have updated the ticket with your version of AI Kit and the additional broken symlink. If you find more, please let me know on this thread. In the meantime, I am working with our team to get this addressed.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

I'm still waiting to hear back from the team regarding your fix. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Alex

0 Kudos
sung
Beginner

Hi.

I recently updated Intel's AI Kit using DNF (now at version 2023.1.0.31760), and I believe that these symlinks are still broken. Will they be fixed soon?

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

This issue will be fixed in the next release of AI Kit. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Alex

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

AI Kit version 2023.1.1 has been released: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/ai-analytics-toolkit-download.html

Let me know if you still see issues.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

Please let me know if your issue is fixed. I have verified the symlinks for PyTorch and TensorFlow are working. If I don't hear from you in a few days, I will be closing this ticket.

Best,

Alex

0 Kudos
asin

Hi Sung,

This issue has been closed due to the fix in AI Kit 2023.1.1. If you request further support, please submit a new ticket.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos