AI Tools from Intel
Find answers to your toolkit installation, configuration, and get-started questions.

RuntimeError: PyTorch is not linked with support for xpu devices

Loong
Beginner

When I run this notebook:

oneAPI-samples/AI-and-Analytics/Getting-Started-Samples/Intel_Extension_For_PyTorch_GettingStarted/ResNet50_Inference.ipynb

I met some problems:

RuntimeError: PyTorch is not linked with support for xpu devices

Loong_0-1675313873743.pngLoong_1-1675313907024.png

Loong_2-1675313920511.png

And here, Overview | Intel® DevCloud, you told that I can get 

GPU:

• Intel® Xeon® E-2176 P630 processors (with Intel® Graphics Technology)
  • Intel® Iris® Xe MAX

But, I cannot get any Xe MAX gpu.

When I use clinfo to detect the devices, it only shows that it has an Accelerator, "Intel(R) FPGA Emulation Device" and a CPU, "Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6128 CPU @ 3.40GHz".

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We are sorry to inform you that Intel® Iris® Xe Max Graphics are currently not available in DevCloud. We’re working on adding new Intel® Graphics in the future, as they become available on the market. We will make an appropriate announcement when the time comes.

Regarding the sample issue, we are checking on this internally. We will get back to you with an update.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Loong
Beginner

I do not notice any Xe MAX gpu on market, even though you have release them 2 years ago.

So, as you say "as they become available on the market", can I think that you will add Intel® Arc™ Graphics to DevCloud?

And when?

0 Kudos
vat7
Beginner

I was able to resolve the issue, using following steps:

Just add these installations

python -m pip install torch==1.13.0a0+git6c9b55e torchvision==0.14.1a0 intel-extension-for-pytorch==1.13.120+xpu --extra-index-url https://pytorch-extension.intel.com/release-whl/stable/xpu-idp/us/

Check out this for more,

https://intel.github.io/intel-extension-for-pytorch/index.html#installation?platform=gpu&version=v2.0.110%2Bxpu  

0 Kudos