Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

2022.1.2 downloadable documentation?

CFR
New Contributor II

(Edit: just tracked down the release notes and I'm guessing it's just a Log4j fix so there won't be updated documentation.  Sorry for the confusion)

2022.1.2 seems to have been released on 1/21 but I don't see a matching documentation download in https://d1hdbi2t0py8f.cloudfront.net/index.html?prefix=oneapi-docs/ nor https://d1hdbi2t0py8f.cloudfront.net/index.html?prefix=oneapi-hpc-docs/

(It would be nice if Intel would put the documentation in the same place as the toolkit downloads so us "offline" users don't have to go grabbing things from different places)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>It would be nice if Intel would put the documentation in the same place as the toolkit downloads so us "offline" users don't have to go grabbing things from different places.

Thanks for your feedback. As the installation and other contents are updating and increasing gradually we have stopped the offline documentation as a part of product installation and made them available online as a separate downloadable content, which could be viewed offline 

Could you please find the below link for the Installation and Getting Started for Intel oneAPI Basetoolkit ?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/guide/installation-guide-for-oneapi-toolkits.html

>>(Edit: just tracked down the release notes and I'm guessing it's just a Log4j fix so there won't be updated documentation. Sorry for the confusion)

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Could you please let us know if there is anything else that we could help you with? If not, can we go ahead and close this thread?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>It would be nice if Intel would put the documentation in the same place as the toolkit downloads so us "offline" users don't have to go grabbing things from different places.

Thanks for your feedback. As the installation and other contents are updating and increasing gradually we have stopped the offline documentation as a part of product installation and made them available online as a separate downloadable content, which could be viewed offline 

Could you please find the below link for the Installation and Getting Started for Intel oneAPI Basetoolkit ?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/guide/installation-guide-for-oneapi-toolkits.html

>>(Edit: just tracked down the release notes and I'm guessing it's just a Log4j fix so there won't be updated documentation. Sorry for the confusion)

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Could you please let us know if there is anything else that we could help you with? If not, can we go ahead and close this thread?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
CFR
New Contributor II

>Thanks for your feedback. As the installation and other contents are updating and increasing gradually we have stopped the offline documentation and kept them online.

I know we "offline" customers are a declining minority, but I hope you will find a way to restart/continue with a way to provide offline documentation.

0 Kudos
JyotsnaK_Intel

Hi,

There was miscommunication about the availability of offline documentation. We do offer offline documentation separately to download, and not as a part of product installation.

Current 2022.1.2 release does not provide any new documents as it is a patch release. We will provide updated documents as separate downloadable files for offline use via each minor or major release update

Hope it helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CFR
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm whether we can close this thread?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
CFR
New Contributor II

Please close.

JyotsnaK_Intel's response is probably the better "solution" but I had already accepted an earlier one and can't seem to change that.

I would point out that the documentation number seems to include a patch release number (e.g. oneapi_docs_2022.1.1.zip) so it's a little confusing if they are expected for patch releases or only as far down as minor releases.

Maybe for consistency just copy 2022.1.1 into 2022.1.2 to remove the confusion (or name them 2022.1?).

Just a thought.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will let the concerned team know about this.

>>Please close.

Thanks for the confirmation. We will be no longer respond to this thread. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos