Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Access Denied error after following steps to download project

Mark_Y_Intel
Employee

I followed the steps to download code samples using Oneapi CLI Samples Browser.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows-run-a-sample-project-using-the-visual-studio-command-line

After following the steps I hit Enter:

Create Project                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Directory    mystuff                                                              
Project Name vector-add                                                                                                                                                                                                             Create     Back                                                                        
Destination: C:\Program Files (x86)\inteloneapi\mystuff\vector-a

I then get the follow error in the command window. I tried it with and without a VPN connection. Any idea what might be wrong?

2020/04/24 09:22:48 mkdir C:\Program Files (x86)\inteloneapi\vector-add: Access is denied.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Mark,

As we can see you are trying to create your project vector-add at location C:\Program Files (x86)\inteloneapi\ .So to create a new file in this directory you should have Administrator privileges. In such a case, you have to launch your cmd with run as administrator in order to create your project or you can choose another location to create your project.

This should solve your problem of access denied.

If you still have some issues please report us. We will try to resolve it.

Thank You

Stay Healthy Stay Safe

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Mark,

We hope your issue got resolved.

Will you please confirm if your issue is resolved?

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Mark,

We are closing this thread assuming that your issue got resolved. You can always raise a new thread if you have any issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos