Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Access GPU Docker container on Mac

Matthew_Grismer
Beginner

According to the documentation you can access the GPU from the oneAPI Docker container by starting with the following options:

docker run --device=/dev/dri -it intel/oneapi-basekit

However when I do that with a 13" MacBook Pro running 10.15.5, the latest Docker Desktop, and the latest Intel oneAPI container, I get the following:

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dri": no such file or directory.

According to the hardware requirements, the Iris Graphics Plus 655 in the 8th gen core i7 processor is supported by oneAPI.  Is there a different startup option I need to use to access the GPU?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Matthew,

Can you send us details of the steps you have followed?

Meanwhile, we will also check with our product team if your OS is compatible with Intel OneAPI base-kit.

You can try following the below link for more details:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-linux/top/using-containers/using-containers-with-the-command-line.html

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Matthew,

Intel OneAPI Base toolkit doesn't support macOS as of now.

Please confirm us if we can close this thread.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Matthew,

Please confirm us if we can close this thread.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Matthew,

We are closing this thread please post a new thread you have any problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos