Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Beta 08 installation fails due to checksum errors

TimmieSmith
Employee

I have tried installing with the online and offline installers for the beta 08 Base Toolkit.  Both installers fail during installation of the first tool due to mismatched checksums.  Errors from one log are like the following.

08/01/2020 09:28:19:218 : 026461 : ERROR : <ManifestWrapper>: Can not load manifest '/tmp/tmp.6B5vURzkie/l_BaseKit_b_2021.1.8.1970/packages/intel.oneapi.lin.advisor.product,v=2021.1-520.beta08/manifest.json', with error: ''/tmp/tmp.6B5vURzkie/l_BaseKit_b_2021.1.8.1970/packages/intel.oneapi.lin.advisor.product,v=2021.1-520.beta08/manifest.json' checksum is incorrect.'

I have attached the full log of my latest attempt with the online installer.  It looks like the checksums for all packages are incorrect.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimmieSmith
Employee

Uninstalling previous installations did not resolve the issue.  The issue is 

the installer uses ~/intel for its download cache and package manager.  Space requirements are
~/intel/packagemanager (size ~ 30 Mb)
~/intel/oneapi/installer (size ~ 200 Mb)
~/intel/installercache (size ~ 3,2 Gb for base toolkit)

The quota in my org on ~ is roughly 250MB, well below the required space.  As a workaround I created a sym link ~/intel that links to /localdisk/timmiesm/intel, a filesystem with space and no quota restrictions.  The install completed without issue.

The space requirement in ~/ is not mentioned in the "Installation Guide for Intel oneAPI Toolkits", and the only mention of disk space requirements in "Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements" is for the total 3.2Gb plus up to an additional 6Gb.  I think the System Requirements should be updated with this new installer to specify the directories where this space must be available, as anyone performing a non-root install in an enterprise environment is likely to encounter this issue.

One additional feedback item on the new installer is that it does not cleanup after itself on disk.  After installation completed and the installer is exited I have 3.2Gb used in /tmp/tmp.HqHUxVCXpr where the offline installer was extracted, and an additional 1.8Gb used in ~/intel/installercache.  I think the on a normal exit the installer should clear the cache and remove the extraction directory it created.  Install logs are still maintained in /tmp/username to allow diagnosis of errors.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you please try uninstalling previous oneAPI toolkits if any, and try installing beta08.

To uninstall the toolkit you may follow below steps:

• cd /opt/intel/inteloneapi/
  • sudo ./install.sh --cli-mode

Follow on screen instructions and uninstall previous oneAPI toolkits.

Do let us know, if you still face the issue while installing.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
TimmieSmith
Employee

Uninstalling previous installations did not resolve the issue.  The issue is 

the installer uses ~/intel for its download cache and package manager.  Space requirements are
~/intel/packagemanager (size ~ 30 Mb)
~/intel/oneapi/installer (size ~ 200 Mb)
~/intel/installercache (size ~ 3,2 Gb for base toolkit)

The quota in my org on ~ is roughly 250MB, well below the required space.  As a workaround I created a sym link ~/intel that links to /localdisk/timmiesm/intel, a filesystem with space and no quota restrictions.  The install completed without issue.

The space requirement in ~/ is not mentioned in the "Installation Guide for Intel oneAPI Toolkits", and the only mention of disk space requirements in "Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements" is for the total 3.2Gb plus up to an additional 6Gb.  I think the System Requirements should be updated with this new installer to specify the directories where this space must be available, as anyone performing a non-root install in an enterprise environment is likely to encounter this issue.

One additional feedback item on the new installer is that it does not cleanup after itself on disk.  After installation completed and the installer is exited I have 3.2Gb used in /tmp/tmp.HqHUxVCXpr where the offline installer was extracted, and an additional 1.8Gb used in ~/intel/installercache.  I think the on a normal exit the installer should clear the cache and remove the extraction directory it created.  Install logs are still maintained in /tmp/username to allow diagnosis of errors.

leggett__charles
Beginner

[deleted - responded to wrong post]

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved now!

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are forwarding this to concerned team.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Issue is escalated and is expected to be fixed soon.

GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

This issue was resolved in Intel oneAPI 2021.2, could you please try with the mentioned version.

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos