Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Can I use oneAPI to my system(Red Hat Linux 6.4 and 6.6)?

Themis_Jeon
Beginner

Hi,

I have used old system like subject that is Red Hat Linux 6.4 and 6.6.

During the software development, I used Intel Integrated Performance Primitives(IPP) and Math Kernel Library(MKL) version 2017 update 1.

Until now, there was no problem because I have used old 2017 version to Red Hat Linux 6.4 and 6.6.

However, there is problem because I should use oneAPI now.

As I known, oneAPI require Red Hat Linux 8.x as an operating system requirement when user want to full component support(like IPP and MKL) - IPP 2023.3 version also require Red Hat Linux 8.

I am afraid oneAPI dosen't work or dosen't make enough performance when I use oneAPI on Red Hat Linux 6.4 or 6.6.

The simple way is upgrade(change) Red Hat version but that is impossible on my condition.

Is there no problem when I use oneAPI to Red Hat Linux 6.4 or 6.6 system?

Can I use oneAPI to my system(Red Hat Linux 6.4 and 6.6)?

Anyone who used oneAPI on the system under Red Hat Linux 8.x(like 7.x or 6.x) and have an interest on this issue, please let me know answer.

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Intel oneAPI is supported only on Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 8.x. So, I would suggest you to use RHEL 8.x to achieve full component support.

Please find below the system requirements for Intel oneAPI

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requirements.html

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Intel oneAPI is supported only on Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 8.x. So, I would suggest you to use RHEL 8.x to achieve full component support.

Please find below the system requirements for Intel oneAPI

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requirements.html

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Greg_Anderson_Intel

To add to this, if you have a product with Intel Priority Support you can get access to the older versions of our products.

0 Kudos