Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
417 Discussions

Can't find my GPU during ONEAPI installation

clicia
New Contributor I

Dear all, 

I am trying to install OneAPI base toolkit in a dell laptop with two GPUs (Iris Xe and Iris Xe MAX) with ubuntu 20.4. But I got this error message:

image.png

There is some specific documentation to set GPU drivers for ubuntu?

Thank you for the attention.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dilanjan_J_Intel

Hi clicia,

Thanks for posting your query on the community forum. The GPU error is actually a warning and not a hard-bound error. During the installation when it gets to the GPU error, you will find an option on the bottom right to skip and proceed further with the installation. It will work, however, you will not be able to able to use any graphic acceleration.

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Regards,

Dilanjan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @clicia

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Despite Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics support Linux Operating System, Intel does not provide direct downloads and technical support for Linux drivers. The Intel Graphics Linux driver is primarily supported through the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), the Linux distribution vendor, or by the Intel Open Source Technology Center at https://01.org/linuxgraphics

Most Linux-based* distributions already include Intel® Graphics Drivers. These drivers are provided and maintained by the Linux* distribution vendors and not by Intel®. We recommend contacting your operating system vendor (OSV) and using their distribution for driver access and support.

For Linux developers, Intel Graphics Drivers for Linux* are available in source form. The Intel Graphics for Linux site describes other ways you can obtain drivers. For more details, you may check these articles:

In addition, since this request is regarding the installation of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, we would like to inform you that we have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit Forum so the proper team may provide further assistance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dilanjan_J_Intel

Hi clicia,

Thanks for posting your query on the community forum. The GPU error is actually a warning and not a hard-bound error. During the installation when it gets to the GPU error, you will find an option on the bottom right to skip and proceed further with the installation. It will work, however, you will not be able to able to use any graphic acceleration.

Regards,

Dilanjan

0 Kudos
Dilanjan_J_Intel

Hi clicia,

This is just to check if you have any further questions regarding this.

Regards,

Dilanjan

0 Kudos
clicia
New Contributor I

Hi, guys.

The Andrew's answer solved my doubt! Thank you a lot. 

0 Kudos
Dilanjan_J_Intel

Hi clicia,

We are glad to know that your query was answered. If you need additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos