Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
417 Discussions

Can't select GPU Device inside a DLL made with OneAPI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried gpu_selector DeviceSelector; and I have this error

wqaxs36_0-1606501831795.png

But if I select the CPU, it's working, if I select the default selector, it chooses the CPU and not the GPU.

If I build the program in exe format, the GPU selector is working and the default selector is choosing the GPU.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Assuming that your working environment has an integrated GPU card, it probably could be a driver related issue since the integrated GPU is not getting detected. I'd suggest you upgrade your integrated GPU drivers to the latest version and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the latest GPU driver yes, can you set the selector to GPU inside a dll made with OneAPI ?

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Could you share the exact steps that you have followed to generate a dll?

If you have used Visual Studio, please share your Visual Studio version.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have version 16.8.1 and I used the DLL template of DCP++

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I'd request you to give it a try with the latest oneAPI stable release and let me know if you notice the same issue.

Meanwhile, I will also check with the stable release and get back to you with my findings.

Thanks,

Rahul

RahulV_intel

Hi,

I have also observed a similar issue using gpu_selector(in DLL) with the latest oneAPI base toolkit version.

I have escalated this issue to the concerned team. Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,

Rahul

Alina_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Irash,

What driver version do you use? To check version, please navigate Start menu -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Intel (R) HD Graphics 630 (right click) -> Properties -> Driver -> Driver version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's working now, the gpu selector is working from a dll.

The driver version is 27.20.100.8935 and the GPU is HD Graphics 530.

0 Kudos