Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Cannot find /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

Yen__Wayne
Beginner

I follow below page to try Vector-Add Sample,but I cannot find /opt/Intel folder in my environment.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-devcloud-with-oneapi-products

I also reference OneAPI-codesample-beta02-RC2\DLDevKit-code-samples\DNNL_CNN_INFERENCE_FP32\README.md to build this sample,but I cannot find this file "setvars.sh" .

Please help.

9 Replies
Viachek
Beginner

Hi! In my point of view, when you are using DevCloud, you don't need to worry about setting environment variables - everything was already adjusted for users. As we are building and executing code on a remote node, setvars.sh already exists on it.

You can just follow that Guide step by step. Hope, everything will work!

0 Kudos
WILLIAM_H_Intel4
Employee

Wayne,

The issue with the setvars.sh is an issue currently under investigation by the team.  I cannot comment on a workaround or fix schedule at this time, but it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

William

0 Kudos
Shubham_C_Intel
Employee

Wayne,

Yes, This issue is there on some nodes on devcloud, in the meantime, this issue is being resolved,  please try it on some other nodes of devcloud.

Shubham

0 Kudos
Nathan_G_Intel
Employee

Wayne, Is this still a problem for you? 

If so , is it possible you were on a login node?

oneAPI is not installed on the login node of the DevCloud, only on the compute nodes.

Here is the Getting Started Guide

Also please provide more info:

• what is the hostname of the machine where this issue happened?
  • what are the steps to reproduce?
  • etc, any relevant info
0 Kudos
advanchip
Novice

I have the same problem.  I followed  https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/get_started/baseToolkitSamples/

Step 2 Hello World! Get Started by running a simple sample on DevCloud.

Build and run the sample in batch mode.

source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

-bash: /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh: No such file or directory.  

I also tried 

source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

I can't find the opt directory and setvars.sh.

Please see the attached screenshot for more information and let me know how to proceed.  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
advanchip
Novice
0 Kudos
Shubham_C_Intel
Employee
Wayne, This issue has been resolved on all NDA nodes. Can you check and confirm the status? Shubham
0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Please confirm that your issue had been resolved. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Dam__Chri
Beginner

How best can that be with DevCloud, I don't really see how you can use DevCloud without setting environment variables.

0 Kudos