Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.

Compile numpy with MKL2021oneapi

mklhoshiidakenanoni

Could you tell me how to compile numpy with MKL?

I use MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (Intel Core i5).

I have installed mkl2021 by using `m_onemkl_p_2021.1.1.50.dmg`.

A document (mkl 2020) says that it is necessary to set enviromantal variables:

echo -e "source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64\nsource /opt/intel/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh\nsource /opt/intel/tbb/bin/tbbvars.sh" >> .venv/bin/activate

However, it seems that there are no shell scripts in the above command.

So I would like to know names of equivalent shell scripts. 

It seems that `/opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh` is not equivalent. it raises an error:

$ source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh intel64
> error: '12667' isn't a valid value for '--pager <pager>'
        [possible values: always, auto, disable]

USAGE:
    procs --interval <millisec> --or --pager <pager>

For more information try --help
error: '12667' isn't a valid value for '--pager <pager>'
        [possible values: always, auto, disable]

USAGE:
    procs --interval <millisec> --or --pager <pager>

Thanks, 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rachel_O_Intel

Hi,

I am one of the engineers looking into your issue. If Intel accelerated NumPy is already installed, then oneMKL accelerations are turned on by default without need for any changes.

If you are planning to use oneMKL to accelerate NumPy and other Python frameworks, I recommend using the AI Analytics Toolkit, powered by oneAPI. You can install the AI Kit using your preferred method (including Anaconda install for different components). This includes oneMKL accelerated NumPy.

See here to install the AI Analytics Toolkit and more information: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/ai-analytics-toolkit.html

If you would like to isolate the package and just use Intel accelerated NumPy with your workload, you can do so with the following Anaconda command in your preferred environment: "conda install -c intel numpy".

Let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Best,

Rachel

0 Kudos
Rachel_O_Intel

Hello,

Did this information provided help? Can we close this case?

Best,

Rachel

0 Kudos
Rachel_O_Intel

This issue has been closed and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos