Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

DPC++ compilation error in the DevCloud environment

clicia
New Contributor I

When I try to compile the DPC++ migrated code, I get the following error:

In file included from fd-source-code.dp.cpp:2:
In file included from /glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/beta09/inteloneapi/dpcpp-ct/2021.1-beta09/include/dpct/dpct.hpp:27:
/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/beta09/inteloneapi/dpcpp-ct/2021.1-beta09/include/dpct/device.hpp:24:10: fatal error: 'algorithm.h' file not found
#include <algorithm.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

Since I am working on Devcloud, I don't have permission to edit any of these files. Besides that, in this environment, device.hpp is already including algorithm.h, and dpct/dpct.hpp is including device.hpp.

Could it be something related to standard C++?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Clicia,

We have already encountered this issue and it's specific to Devcloud. We are looking into this issue and will give you an update on it soon.

Meanwhile, you can try any different environment for executing your migrated codes.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
clicia
New Contributor I

Hi, Abhishek.

It seems it would be necessery edit /dpct/dpct.hpp file and replace "algorithm.h" to "algorithm" instead to fit standard c++ patern.

Since we have very restricted permissions on the DevCloud environment, we temporarily solve this issue by copying every source code that includes algorithm.h in a local directory to be able to edit the specific line (#include <algorithm.h>).

It is working for now.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Clicia,

We are already working on this on the issue. We appreciate your workaround and glad to know that it's working for you. This issue will get resolved soon.

We will update you as soon as it will get resolved on Devclod.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Clicia,

The issue on Devcloud has been resolved. Please try your application once and let us know if you have any more issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi @clicia ,

Please update us if your issue is resolved. We can see that it is resolved from our end.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

We will no longer monitor this thread as the issue is resolved.

Please post a new thread if you face any issue.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos