Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.

Debugging with Visual Studio for Gpu

nnain1
New Contributor I

This link discussed how to debug in Windows for CPU and GPU using Visual Stiduos

https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-with-debugging-dpcpp-windows

For debugging at GPU, need to install gen_debugger_target located at C:\Program Files (x86)\inteloneapi\debugger\latest\target.

But if you have the Intel® Debugger for Heterogeneous Compute Target installed on your target machine, you must uninstall it first. When I checked my installed applications for Intel®, found the followings as shown in the attached image. There is no Intel® Debugger for Heterogeneous Compute Target.

So when I click the gen_debugger_target exe, there is popup window saying that "there is similar application installed and need to uninstall first".

Which similar application they are referring to in my installed list?

'

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

Please let us know if your issue got resolved.

Thanks

Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

We tried to install gen_debugger_target in our windows machine which is having Basekit Beta04 and we didn't face any issues. 

Could you please let us know the following details of your environment: oneAPI Basekit version, Visual Studio version. 

And could you let us know are there any other Intel suites installed in your system like the parallel studio.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
nnain1
New Contributor I

I have 2021.1-beta03 with Visual Studio 2019 and .Net framework 4.8 and Windows10. No other Intel suites are installed.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

We are debugging the issue with beta03. meanwhile, can you try with beta04? 

We tested on a windows10 machine which is having Basekit Beta04 and we didn't face any issues.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

We tried to reproduce your issue with oneAPI basekit beta03 version and we didn't face any issues. 

We suggest you, uninstall beta03 and install the latest basekit version i.e beta04. 

Please refer to the below link for the installation guide of beta04.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits

let us know if the issue persists with beta04 as well.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

Please let us know if your issue got resolved.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

Please confirm, if your issue is resolved. 

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

We are closing this thread. 

Please feel free to raise a new thread in case of any further issues.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos