Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Detect Version of Initialized libiomp5md.dll

Clemens
Beginner

The application which I develop under Windows is a plug-in for another program. It uses libiomp5md.dll and installs it in the same directory as the plug-ins main dll.

This works fine as long as there is no other plug-in which uses an older version of libiomp5md.dll (also installed in its root directory) and gets loaded before my plug-in. In that case my plug-in crashes.

Including the intel redistributables installer in the plug-in installer is not an option since it is not supported by the main application's package manager.

Is there a way to detect which version of libiomp5md.dll has been initialized and is currently running? This would enable me to issue a warning to the user instead of simply crashing.

Or even better: is there a way to switch from an older to a newer version of libiomp5md.dll during the startup of my plug-in to avoid the issue all together?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please provide the following details you were using so that we can reproduce the issue on our end?

1. Sample reproducer code and steps to reproduce.

2. oneAPI toolkits and versions you are using.

3. Operating system you are using.

4. Intel compiler you are using.

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

And also, you are eligible for priority support, you can open a support ticket in the Online service center(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/priority-support.html) for direct 1:1 support.

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos