Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
417 Discussions

Include from boost does not detect threading

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

I have a source file that includes "boost_1_75_0\boost/config/requires_threads.hpp". I get this error from the onbeAPI compiler:

boost_1_75_0\boost/config/requires_threads.hpp(82,4): : error : "Compiler threading support is not turned on. Please set the correct command line options for threading: either /MT /MTd /MD or /MDd"
1># error "Compiler threading support is not turned on. Please set the correct command line options for threading: either /MT /MTd /MD or /MDd"

Here is the part from the command line that is used to compile the code:
/D "_WINDLL" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /WX- /MDd /EHsc /W3 /nologo /Fo"x64\Debug\"

As you can see it defines /MDd

I guess there is some "intel compiler recognition" define missing so that boost detect the correct compiler type.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please try using icx compiler or Intel C++ Compiler Classic

Meanwhile we will look into this issue internally.

Regards,

Vidya

0 Kudos
Alina_S_Intel
Employee

I escalated this issue to the development team.

The workaround is using ICL or ICX compilers. To switch between compilers in Visual Studio, please open Properties -> Configuration Properties -> General -> Platform Toolset and select:

* Intel C++ Compiler 19.2 - to use ICL, Intel Classic Compiler

* Intel C++ Compiler 2021 - to use ICX, Intel NextGen Compiler

0 Kudos
mcolom
Beginner

This issue is still reproducing with boost 1.81.0 and the latest version of the intel dpc++ compiler, and the classic compiler has been deprecated.

boost_1_81_0\boost/config/requires_threads.hpp(82,4): : error : "Compiler threading support is not turned on. Please set the correct command line options for threading: either /MT /MTd /MD or /MDd"

Is there any solution available to get boost to compile?

Best regards

Miquel

0 Kudos