Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Installation of the oneAPI production version problems when the beta is installed

Ian_Chivers
New Contributor I

With the release of the production version I downloaded and tried installing on two Windows 10 development systems that had the beta version installed. 

Running the production base kit executable on both Windows 10 systems I get the recommendation to uninstall the beta versions. 

When using the [Control Panel] -> [Programs and Features] and trying to uninstall the beta versions I am unable to [untick]  all of the components without the [NEXT] box becoming greyed out. If I leave one component [ticked] the [NEXT] box becomes active, but of course the software is then not completely uninstalled.  

I have attached two screen shots.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ian_Chivers
New Contributor I

I have resolved the issue. Using the control panel I found that there were further options, one of which was [remove].  This worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Ian,

Instead of uninstalling the OneAPI toolkits from the control panel, could you please try the following method:

• open the beta toolkit installer and in that it will show the installed component.
  • Then select remove option and click next

Let us know if it works for you

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Ian_Chivers
New Contributor I

I have resolved the issue. Using the control panel I found that there were further options, one of which was [remove].  This worked.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi, 

Thanks for the confirmation!

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos