Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Intel Fortran Compiler setup on Mac

JGood
Novice

I have installed VS 2022 and Intel Fortran Compiler 2023 on my Mac. When I go to build a new project, I am not able to select an empty project with Fortran. All I am seeing is C# and F#. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

A gentle reminder:

We have not heard back from you for a while. Could you please let us know if you need any other information?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for posting on Intel communities.

Could you please get back to us with the Visual Studio sub-version and Mac OS version being used by you?

In addition, In order to gain all functionality and optimal performance with Intel® oneAPI for macOS* we recommend installing the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit AND then the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. Both toolkits should be downloaded and installed for optimal performance and to obtain all available Intel Performance Libraries.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
JGood
Novice

Mac OS Monterey Version 12.3

VS for Mac Version 17.4.2 (build 17)

Downloaded Intel oneAPI Base toolkit Version 2023

Downloaded Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit Version 2023

When I open Visual Studios and select New Project - I can only select C# and F# from Empty Projects. Should I be able to see the fortran selection in the drop down? 

Does it matter if I installed the toolkits after I installed VS? 

Thanks for your help, 

JG

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer Good,

Please find the Intel compiler's compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio under the below link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

A gentle reminder:

As we have not heard back from you, Could you please let us know if the information provided helped? Kindly let us know if you need any other information.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
JGood
Novice

Shanmukh, 

My apologies, I just verified as per the compiler compatibility table that what I have downloaded should work on my version of MacOS. I just opened up VS and I am still not showing a selection for Fortran language. 

Thanks, 

Jennifer Good

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

Could you please try uninstalling and installing the toolkits as mentioned in an earlier thread and let us know if the issue still persists?

The issue might be while integrating oneAPI toolkits with Visual Studio in your mac environment.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

A gentle reminder:

We have not heard back from you for a while. Could you please let us know if you need any other information?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos