Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Intel OneAPI on Arch Linux

Hodara__Joachim1

Hi all,

The Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit does not seem to be available in the Arch Linux official repositories or AUR. Is there any ongoing plan to add it? If not, is it possible to do it myself? I have never submitted a package to the AUR but I can try.

Thanks!

Joachim

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Currently, as per oneAPI base toolkit system requirements: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requirements.html

oneAPI base toolkit does not support Arch Linux distributions. However, other Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Red hat, CentOS etc are supported. This is the reason for nonavailability of oneAPI base toolkit in Arch Linux repositories.

--Rahul

0 Kudos
Hodara__Joachim1

Hi Rahul, and thank you for your answer. However, I am not sure I understand: which requirement in particular makes oneAPI unsuitable for the AUR?

0 Kudos
RN1
New Contributor I

I am using it, although the CPU is not working - I don't know why.

You can install by executing the .bin and then just configuring from bash the setvars.sh, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure as to why Arch Linux isn't supported at the moment. I shall forward this case to the concerned team who will be able to provide a proper explanation for the same.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Did you try the proposed way and check whether it works for GPU?

0 Kudos
khanley6
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue using Manjaro where the installer will complain saying that the Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL is not found. I have installed all requirements mentioned in the installation process and I have the latest compute runtime installed: intel-compute-runtime 20.30.17454-1.

I have tested the OpenCL installation using Codeplay's ComputeCpp and listing the available devices shows my CPU's integrated GPU.

Is there anything that can be done to get the installer to pick up on the requirements?

0 Kudos
siquus
Employee

dpc++ worked out of the box for me on Arch

• CPU: i7-1165G7
  • intel-compute-runtime 20.48.18558-1 (pacman)
  • l_BaseKit_p_2021.1.0.2659 (intel online installer)
  • non-sudo install to ~/intel/
  • . /path/intel/oneapi/setvars.h

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

As pointed out by @siquus with oneAPI gold Arch worked out of the box. Hope that your issue got resolved with gold too?

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Closing this thread as the solution is provided but there is no reply from the customer.

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

0 Kudos