Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Intel OneAPI on Arch Linux

Hi all,

The Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit does not seem to be available in the Arch Linux official repositories or AUR. Is there any ongoing plan to add it? If not, is it possible to do it myself? I have never submitted a package to the AUR but I can try.

Thanks!

Joachim

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

Currently, as per oneAPI base toolkit system requirements: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requi...

oneAPI base toolkit does not support Arch Linux distributions. However, other Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Red hat, CentOS etc are supported. This is the reason for nonavailability of oneAPI base toolkit in Arch Linux repositories.

--Rahul

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Rahul, and thank you for your answer. However, I am not sure I understand: which requirement in particular makes oneAPI unsuitable for the AUR?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure as to why Arch Linux isn't supported at the moment. I shall forward this case to the concerned team who will be able to provide a proper explanation for the same.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I am using it, although the CPU is not working - I don't know why.

You can install by executing the .bin and then just configuring from bash the setvars.sh, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did you try the proposed way and check whether it works for GPU?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue using Manjaro where the installer will complain saying that the Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL is not found. I have installed all requirements mentioned in the installation process and I have the latest compute runtime installed: intel-compute-runtime 20.30.17454-1.

I have tested the OpenCL installation using Codeplay's ComputeCpp and listing the available devices shows my CPU's integrated GPU.

Is there anything that can be done to get the installer to pick up on the requirements?

0 Kudos