Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Intel oneAPI basekit 2022.1 on Linux does not have SYCL 2020 headers

AnonRoboticist
Beginner

I have installed the oneAPI dppcpp compiler and the basekit etc. through the apt package manager and the given repo, and also confirmed this is true for the intel/oneapi-basekit docker image provided, and there's no SYCL 2020 headers (sycl/sycl.hpp) in the include install location (i.e. at /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/latest/linux/include/sycl/). They seem to only be 1.2.1 headers (Under CL/sycl.hpp), and do not match what I expect to see (i.e. comparing with the ghcr.io/intel/llvm/sycl_ubuntu2004_nightly image which has 2020 headers). 

Is this expected? if so, is SYCL 2020 not supported properly by the 2022.1 basekit? Is there a package I'm missing that adds the newer headers?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We have informed the concerned development team about it and they are working on this issue. We will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
AnonRoboticist
Beginner

Are there any updates to this?

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. 

The issue raised by you has been fixed in the Intel oneAPI 2023 version. The version is released now. Please download it and let us know if this resolves your issue. 

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. We assume that your issue is resolved. If you have any other queries, please start a new thread.

Have a good day!

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos