Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Is there a way to support anchor in Morphological Operation in IPP 2021

BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

I am shifting from IPP 5.3 to IPP 2021. I know legacy 9.0 contains functions that have anchor support for, e.g.:

legacy90ippiMorphAdvInitAlloc_8u_C1R(IppiMorphAdvState** ppState, IppiSize roiSize, const Ipp8u* pMask, IppiSize maskSize, IppiPoint anchor));

But in IPP 2021, we have functioned it without using anchor for, e.g.:

ippiMorphAdvInit_8u_C1R(IppiSize roiSize, const Ipp8u* pMask, IppiSize maskSize, IppiMorphAdvState* pSpec, Ipp8u* pBuffer);

Is there a way to incorporate anchor in some way?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

I will get back if found a practical use case for the same.

For the time being, there is no support for setting anchor, right??

>> Sure, please do let us know with a practical use case that helps us assist you further.

There is no anchor support for the routine which was mentioned. There are certain routines that do have anchor support but with other significance. 

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for posting on Intel Communities.

Could you check the feasibility and let us know if working with routine ippiMorphAdvGetSize_8u_C1R+ippMalloc+ippiMorphAdvInit_8u_C1R as a substitution/workaround in place of ippiMorphAdvInitAlloc_8u_C1R?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

I am already using routine ippiMorphAdvGetSize_8u_C1R+ippMalloc+ippiMorphAdvInit_8u_C1R as a substitution for ippiMorphAdvInitAlloc_8u_C1R.
We primarily use default anchor values for a kernel, i.e. AnchorX = (Kernel_Width - 1)/2, AnchorY = (Kernel_Height - 1)/2 in our code.
I was expecting this because of the original implementation of the function in our code, where the anchor point can be specified. 

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham,

>> Sure, please do let us know with a practical use case that helps us assist you further.

There is no anchor support for the routine which was mentioned. There are certain routines that do have anchor support but with other significance. 

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham Sharma,

A gentle reminder:

As we haven't heard back from you, Could you please get back to us if you need any information further?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
BaffledCoder
New Contributor I

Hi @ShanmukhS_Intel 
I wasn't able to find any practical use case.
If found in the future, I will share.
You can close the thread.
Thanks & Regards
Shubham Sharma

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Subham Sharma,

Thanks for your confirmation. We are closing this case for now. If you need any other information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos