Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.

Issues with oneAPI toolkit

Griffin1
Beginner

I have a complex multi-physics code, written in Fortran 90, that I am compiling using the ifort compiler and Visual Studio 2019 (using Windows 10). I use MPI provided by Microsoft MPI. I am a student, and was using a named-user student license of the Parallel Studio software.

Previously, I had compiled the code using the Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2020, and this works completely fine. However, a couple of weeks ago, my license expired. The website said that I could not renew the license as student licenses cannot be renewed. Instead, I installed the oneAPI toolkit (base and HPC as I need a fortran compiler). I linked the installation with visual studio and this all seemed to work. I am still able to build my project in Visual Studio without errors, and test the code using the Debugger in Visual Studio. However, when I try to run the code from the command line, it doesn't run.

Normally, the code is run using mpiexec -n 1 Chimera.exe. However, when I run this, nothing happens at all (no error messages or output produced). If I instead run .\Chimera.exe from the command line, I get the error

" The procedure entry point for stop_core_quiet could not be located in the dynamic link library "...\Debug\Gorgon.exe" "

This error only occurs with code that has been compiled after I installed the oneAPI toolkit (earlier executables compiled using Parallel Studio still work fine). 

Does anyone have any idea how I can correct this problem? Or alternatively how to get a student parallel studio license again?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Griffin1
Beginner

Hi, 

This wasn't the problem. I was using MSMPI as I need to compile for 32 bit architecture, and Intel MPI only seems to let me compile for 64 bit architecture. The problem turned out to be that I had initially installed Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2019, and then when I installed the oneAPI toolkit, this seemed to create errors in the installation. I uninstalled both, then reinstalled the oneAPI toolkit and this seemed to fix my problem. Maybe in future, you should include uninstalling Parallel Studio as part of the oneAPI toolkit

Thanks,

Griffin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hii Griffin,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Regarding the student license please raise a new query at the below link:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Registration-Download-Licensing/ct-p/registration-download-licensing-install

Could you please let us know your compilation command? (how you have linked MMPI while using ifort)

While using ifort you should have run setvars.bat and that may have made IMPI as default MPI and the mpiexec you were running might be of IMPI. This might have caused the error you were getting.

Please check mpiexec -V to see if it belongs to IMPI or MMMPI.

We don't support Microsoft MPI. As you have already installed Intel Base and HPC toolkit Intel MPI comes with it let us know why you have preferred Microsoft MPI over Intel MPI.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
Griffin1
Beginner

Hi, 

This wasn't the problem. I was using MSMPI as I need to compile for 32 bit architecture, and Intel MPI only seems to let me compile for 64 bit architecture. The problem turned out to be that I had initially installed Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2019, and then when I installed the oneAPI toolkit, this seemed to create errors in the installation. I uninstalled both, then reinstalled the oneAPI toolkit and this seemed to fix my problem. Maybe in future, you should include uninstalling Parallel Studio as part of the oneAPI toolkit

Thanks,

Griffin

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hii Griffin,

Thank you for the feedback. As your issue has been resolved, we are closing this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos