Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

KNOWN ISSUE with Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components

ChrisB_Intel

UPDATE:

If you run into issues with the update to 2022.3 please follow these steps:

Deinstall all Visual Studio instances.
Deinstall oneAPI BaseKit 2022.1.2.
Reinstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x.
Install BaseKit 2022.1.3.

If your experiencing problems with the legacy product PSXE, please consider upgrading to oneapi, or stick with the VC version supported in PSXE release.

KNOWN ISSUE

On Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JeppeDruedahl
Beginner

Where should Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll be located?

0 Kudos
KarlT
Beginner

I was successful, working around this issue using Visual Studio 2022 LTSC version 17.0.6 (Professional) instead of the latest version.

I first tried the second workaround replacing

"CProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x64\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll"

However,  that didn't work for me. I was using Visual Studio Community edition.  The community version doesn't allow going back versions, so I used Visual Studio Professional, and the first workaround.

0 Kudos
JCHIANG
Beginner

Unfortunately, I have to report it failed with version 17.0.6. The installer stopped at the following point:

Component id: intel.oneapi.win.compilers-common-runtime, name: oneAPI Complier, version 2022.0.2-3692

Sequence execution failed.

0 Kudos
Krokodebo
Beginner

The workaround with version 17.0.6. is also not working out for me. 

Installation just stops without any error message.

Correction: as for @KarlT, the LTSC professional version works!

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

New version was just posted live. You can find here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
JCHIANG
Beginner

Hi, Chris!

The newest release of w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.3.210_offline is PERFECTLY solve my problem as mentioned above.

Thank you and ArpanB!

0 Kudos
JeppeDruedahl
Beginner

Thank you. I got the initial proposed solution with copying the .dll to work, but this also seems to work. 

0 Kudos
JCHIANG
Beginner

Glad to hear that copying the *.dll is work too. I didn't try it, because the  Microsoft Visual Studio 2020 I used is a multi-language version and the proposed version 17.06 is not available in the  multi-language package I used.

0 Kudos
JCHIANG
Beginner

sorry for the typo, it should be Microsoft Visual Studio 2022!

0 Kudos