Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.

Linker error can't find _MAIN

Blake1
Beginner

I apparently made the mistake, the other day, of downloading and installing

the oneAPI base toolkit while I had visual Studio 2019 installed. It 'took over' the compiling and linking of my application. It appears to have no idea what it is doing as this is a C++ app where the main is in the winapp mfc libraries and

is NOT located in a source code file anywhere. Because of this, the intel compiler can't find it because it isn't looking in the right place. How do I tell it that it needs to reference the right mfc library?

Blake Mitchell

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Intel Communities.

We would like to request you to try giving the dependent libraries under below path of your application's properties page. Make sure you are changing the setting under appropriate platform(Win32/x64) of your application.

Step 1: In Visual Studio, At the top right corner, you could see Solution Explorer window. Kindly select it and click alt+enter to get into Configuration Properties page of your application. 

Step 2: Select Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies.

Step 3: Kindly try adding your dependent library path over here and check if this resolves your issue, if not kindly share us the debug log/project files as well, so that it helps us in analyzing the issue better.

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Has the solution provided helped? Is your issue resolved? Kindly let us know if we could close this thread at our end.

Best regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos