Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Missing "Use Intel C++" in project->properties "Intel Compiler" menue

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

after installation of the oneAPI base toolkit I noticed that I cannot switch to the Intel C++ compiler if my C++ project configuration contains a solution platform other than x64 and win32. 

This is the menue with x64 only

Capture.JPG1.JPG

This is the menu with x64 and Linux - as you can see no Intel C++ Compiler to select.

Capture.JPG2.JPG

Is there any way to fix this problem other than delete 'Linux' from the configuration platform?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Could you please specify your OS, oneAPI base toolkit, and Visual Studio versions?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner

Loaded the oneAPI last week from the intel web - so I guess it is the latest version?

Compiler: Intel 2021.1

VS: Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.8.4

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I've forwarded this query to the concerned team. They will get back to you.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi Daniel_Droste, I installed VS2019 professional 16.8.4 and oneAPI gold version. But I couldn't set to Linux platform. And I learned from dev team, cross-platform compilation isn't supported now. I have several questions to ask,

1 . How to set to x64 and Linux platform?

2 . Did you configure the platform like this before with Intel compiler(IPSXE)?

0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

1. I use VisualGDB to manage my linux version. I would be happy to switch my windows configuration to use the Intel compiler. But this is not possible since I have a Linux-configuration. The linux configuration uses gcc on a remote linux machine. I do not want to switch that one to use the intel compiler.

2. No, I just noticed that I can switch to Intel compiler on projects that uses 'default' MS configurations. But if you use a custom configuration you cannot switch to Intel since the menu is not available.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

I configure the platform to  x64 and Linux, and I can see Intel C++ Compiler, 

Capture3.PNGCapture4.pngCapture2.PNG

But please note, even if can select the intel compiler, but it doesn't work. We can't support build the Linux binary on windows.

0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

yes, I understand. I do not want to use Intel for a Linux configuration. I try to use it for the x64 configuration, but the Intel compiler it does NOT show up. Here is my configuration:

Capture.JPG

And here is the Intel Compiler Menue:

Capture2.JPG

I want to use the Intel compiler for the x64 configuration, NOT the Linux config. But I see only "Use Visual C++" - although it is already VC++.

If I have a solution with just MS default configurations ("Win32", "X64") I can switch to Intel without any issues. This problem appears on my system only, if a project of a solutions contains a non-MS configuration.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

There is a ARM platform on my environment, and I can also can select the intel compiler.

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner

Yes, as I said. If you use MS-default configurations it works.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

I create a new solution platform named "Linux", I also can select the Intel Compiler.

Capture7.PNGCapture8.PNG

0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner

OK- seems to be an issue with VisualGDB.

Can you find what what the conditions are to see the menue-entries of Intel C++?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

We can't reproduce your issue. But you can use the below method to select the intel compiler,

Go to Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->General, and change the Platform Tools.

0 Kudos
cw_intel
0 Kudos