Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for core tools and libraries to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
255 Discussions

Missing "Use Intel C++" in project->properties "Intel Compiler" menue

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

after installation of the oneAPI base toolkit I noticed that I cannot switch to the Intel C++ compiler if my C++ project configuration contains a solution platform other than x64 and win32. 

This is the menue with x64 only

Capture.JPG1.JPG

This is the menu with x64 and Linux - as you can see no Intel C++ Compiler to select.

Capture.JPG2.JPG

Is there any way to fix this problem other than delete 'Linux' from the configuration platform?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Could you please specify your OS, oneAPI base toolkit, and Visual Studio versions?

Thanks,

Rahul

Daniel_D
Beginner

Loaded the oneAPI last week from the intel web - so I guess it is the latest version?

Compiler: Intel 2021.1

VS: Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.8.4

RahulV_intel

Hi,

I've forwarded this query to the concerned team. They will get back to you.

Thanks,

Rahul

cw_intel

Hi Daniel_Droste, I installed VS2019 professional 16.8.4 and oneAPI gold version. But I couldn't set to Linux platform. And I learned from dev team, cross-platform compilation isn't supported now. I have several questions to ask,

1 . How to set to x64 and Linux platform?

2 . Did you configure the platform like this before with Intel compiler(IPSXE)?

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

1. I use VisualGDB to manage my linux version. I would be happy to switch my windows configuration to use the Intel compiler. But this is not possible since I have a Linux-configuration. The linux configuration uses gcc on a remote linux machine. I do not want to switch that one to use the intel compiler.

2. No, I just noticed that I can switch to Intel compiler on projects that uses 'default' MS configurations. But if you use a custom configuration you cannot switch to Intel since the menu is not available.

cw_intel

I configure the platform to  x64 and Linux, and I can see Intel C++ Compiler, 

Capture3.PNGCapture4.pngCapture2.PNG

But please note, even if can select the intel compiler, but it doesn't work. We can't support build the Linux binary on windows.

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

yes, I understand. I do not want to use Intel for a Linux configuration. I try to use it for the x64 configuration, but the Intel compiler it does NOT show up. Here is my configuration:

Capture.JPG

And here is the Intel Compiler Menue:

Capture2.JPG

I want to use the Intel compiler for the x64 configuration, NOT the Linux config. But I see only "Use Visual C++" - although it is already VC++.

If I have a solution with just MS default configurations ("Win32", "X64") I can switch to Intel without any issues. This problem appears on my system only, if a project of a solutions contains a non-MS configuration.

cw_intel

There is a ARM platform on my environment, and I can also can select the intel compiler.

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

Daniel_D
Beginner

Yes, as I said. If you use MS-default configurations it works.

cw_intel

I create a new solution platform named "Linux", I also can select the Intel Compiler.

Capture7.PNGCapture8.PNG

Daniel_D
Beginner

OK- seems to be an issue with VisualGDB.

Can you find what what the conditions are to see the menue-entries of Intel C++?

Thanks.

cw_intel

We can't reproduce your issue. But you can use the below method to select the intel compiler,

Go to Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->General, and change the Platform Tools.

cw_intel