Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
418 Discussions

OneAPI Base Toolkit VS2022 integration LINK1104 cannot open libircmt.lib

dlp
Beginner

I have just updated my OneAPI Base (22.0.3.226) and HPC toolkits and integrated them with Visual Studio 2022 v17.1.4.  I am working on an x64-targeted  project that I have successfully built many times using older versions of VS and the OneAPI toolkits.  When I attempt to build the project using the updated software, the code compiles without error, but the link step fails with the message  

LINK1104 cannot open file 'libircmt.lib'

I see copies of this library in the folders 

c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2022.0.3\windows\compiler\lib\intel64

c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2022.0.3\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win

and several other folders

Looking at the library path in the properties of my VS studio  I see that the path includes the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2022.0.3\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win

It seems that the linker should have the information it needs to access this library.

What is going wrong?

Thanks for your help with this rather vexing issue.

Dale Preston

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Dale,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please try setting the library path under 

Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories and add the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2022.0.3\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win

If the above setting doesn't work, please get back to us with the sample reproducer and steps that you have followed, so that we could test it from our end as well. You can also send us your VS project file that you are trying if it is possible (zip it while attaching).

Regards,

Vidya. 

0 Kudos
dlp
Beginner

Hi Vidya

Thank you for the prompt reply.

With your suggestion I was able to successfully build my project with both the classic C++ and DPC++ compilers.   

However, when I reran CMake the path was no longer in the linker additional  library path.    I added a CMake link_directories command with the path to the necessary library to the CMakelists.txt file I use for this project but when use CMake to generate the VS solution file the path is not included in additional path list.  Since I manually updating the path is not a big issue, I can make this work, but I wonder why the path was not correctly by CMake given that I Configure CMake to use the intel compilers.

Thanks again for helping to resolve this issue.

Dale 

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Dale,

>>With your suggestion I was able to successfully build my project with both the classic C++ and DPC++ compilers. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

>> I wonder why the path was not correctly by CMake given that I Configure CMake to use the intel compilers.

Since this issue is occurring if you configuring the CMake for only Intel compilers, Could you please provide us the sample reproducer with the necessary files and steps to reproduce the issue so that we can check it from our end as well?

>> I have successfully built many times using older versions of VS and the OneAPI toolkits

And also from your initial post, we could see that it builds successfully with earlier versions, so could you please let us know the versions of VS and Intel compilers with which it was successful?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Dale,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please provide us with the above-mentioned details so that we can check it from our end?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Dale,

As we haven't heard back from you, we assume that your issue is resolved. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos