Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
417 Discussions

OneAPI Integration with Eclipse IDE on Windows

omer_navruz
Novice

During oneAPI Base Toolkit installation, only Visual Studio integration option is provided. I want to use oneAPI tools like vtune within my own (user-provided) Eclipse IDE.

As far as I know, the Linux installer provides Eclipse IDE integration. Is there a similar option in Windows?

Thanks.     

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>"As far as I know, the Linux installer provides Eclipse IDE integration. Is there a similar option in Windows?"

Unfortunately, there is no such integration option available in windows. But, the Linux installer provides Eclipse IDE integration as mentioned in the link.

As per the below link, only the visual studio integration option is available in windows:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows/top.html

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
omer_navruz
Novice

Hi,

Actually I thought this might be possible because I read the following content:

Integration of the Intel® System Debugger into Eclipse*

"

1. Browse to <ISS_INSTALL_PATH>/debugger/xdb/ide_plugins/dropins./debugger/eclipse (or ISS_INSTALL_PATH>\debugger\xdb\ide_plugins\dropins\debugger\eclipse on Windows*), where the default for ISS_INSTALL_PATH is /opt/intel/system_studio_2017.y.xxx/ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\System Studio 2017.y.xxx on Windows*).
  2. Import directory " 

There, it tells that there is a plugin for Eclipse integration. This is an old content, and I do not have that directory under "debugger" folder. Does this plugin still exist, or it is not supported anymore? 

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

>>"Does this plugin still exist, or it is not supported anymore? "

The plugin mentioned in Integration of the Intel® System Debugger into Eclipse*  is very outdated, and it is no longer supported.

Thanks & regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Is your issue resolved? Please let us know if we can close this issue from our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
omer_navruz
Novice

Hi,

Yes, it is resolved. As far as I see, Eclipse IDE integration is not supported anymore. Thanks for your support. 

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos