Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

OneAPI module files missing various settings

Jan-Albert
Beginner

I've installed Intel OneAPI 2021.4 in one of our HPC clusters (the base and HPC kit)

After install we ran the modulefiles-setup.sh to generate modulefiles.

However some of the generated modulefiles lack several settings, compared to sourcing with setvars.sh

Things like LIBRARY_PATH , LD_LIBRARY_PATH , PKG_CONFIG_PATH etc are not always set using the modulefile but are set when using setvars.sh

Most notable with the compiler package , causing issues with compilation

After adding this to the compiler modulefile things started working as expected :

prepend-path LIBRARY_PATH /cm/shared/apps/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.4.0/linux/compiler/lib/intel64_lin:/cm/shared/apps/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.4.0/linux/lib
prepend-path LD_LIBRARY_PATH /cm/shared/apps/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.4.0/linux/compiler/lib/intel64_lin
prepend-path PKG_CONFIG_PATH /cm/shared/apps/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.4.0/lib/pkgconfig

Is there a reason these settings were omitted or is this a bug ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jan-Albert
Beginner

Good morning ,

Using Intel OneAPI Base 2022.1 I notice that when loading the modulefile compiler I get dependencies compiler-rt , tbb and oclfpga loaded automatically , where compiler-rt provides the LD_LIBRARY_PATH , LIBRARY_PATH etc

For reasons as of yet unknown the 2021 version doesn't load the dependency modules specified, will investigate this

For now issue solved

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Jan-Albert,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Since it is a post-installation query related to the Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkits, we are moving this topic to the 'Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit' community for further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

>>Most notable with the compiler package, causing issues with compilation

We've tried compiling a sample vector-add code by setting the environment, using modulefiles from the latest oneAPI 2022.1 and we don't see any issues during compilation and it is working fine.

Before proceeding with loading the required modules from oneAPI we assume that you have,

installed tclsh on to the Linux development system

installed the Environment Modules utility (i.e., module) onto the system

sourced the .../modules/init/sh (or equivalent) module init command

After that,

> cd <oneapi-root-folder>

eg: cd /opt/intel/oneapi/ (default location of oneapi)

> ./modulefiles-setup.sh

> module use modulefiles

> module avail

> module load compiler

To test the loaded compiler, we tried compiling sample codes with icpc, icc & dpcpp compilers and did not get any issues during compilation and we could run the executables successfully.

The above steps are taken from the following link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-programming-guide/top/oneapi-development-environment-setup/use-modulefiles-with-linux.html

We suggest you try with the latest oneAPI which is 2022.1 (as we see that you are using oneAPI 2021.4 version of toolkits) and please do let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
Jan-Albert
Beginner

Good morning ,

Using Intel OneAPI Base 2022.1 I notice that when loading the modulefile compiler I get dependencies compiler-rt , tbb and oclfpga loaded automatically , where compiler-rt provides the LD_LIBRARY_PATH , LIBRARY_PATH etc

For reasons as of yet unknown the 2021 version doesn't load the dependency modules specified, will investigate this

For now issue solved

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

>>For now issue solved

Glad to know that your issue is resolved in the latest (2022.1) version and thanks for the confirmation.

As your issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional information from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Nice Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos