Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
418 Discussions

OneAPi Base Toolkit + Eclipse for openMP example

ZAmudio__Abraham
Beginner

Hello community,

I already have intel basekit installed, and eclipse for C / C ++:
(eclipse-inst-jre-linux64.tar.gz), but I can't find a way to run a simple example using openmp.

In the terminal I compile my example with:

icpx -fiopenmp -fopenmp-targets = spir64 random_openmp.cpp

but i can't do the same using eclipse. Please some example documentation to be able to run eclipse with intel oneapi basekit

thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ

Hello,

There is an old article explaining how to use Intel C++ compiler in Eclipse here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-linux-using-intel-compilers-with-the-eclipse-ide-pdf.html, also one more recent documentation on running a sample program in Eclipse here:

The HPCKit Get Start used the matrix sample. It has an OpenMP version.

So you need to launch Eclipse from terminal window where the env is set with "servars.sh". 

If this doesn't solve your issue, please let us know.

Thanks!

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As your issue is more related to the usage of an eclipse with oneAPI, we are forwarding your issue to the concerned team.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Hello,

There is an old article explaining how to use Intel C++ compiler in Eclipse here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-linux-using-intel-compilers-with-the-eclipse-ide-pdf.html, also one more recent documentation on running a sample program in Eclipse here:

The HPCKit Get Start used the matrix sample. It has an OpenMP version.

So you need to launch Eclipse from terminal window where the env is set with "servars.sh". 

If this doesn't solve your issue, please let us know.

Thanks!

Jennifer

0 Kudos