Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Profiling tools of visual studio 2022 stop working after installing intel oneAPI Bese Toolkit.

nusu-
Beginner

When I install the intel oneAPI Bese Toolkit, Profiling tools outputs "unexpected failure" and does not work.

The output error "Failed to request DataWarehouse host: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System, Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.109.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139', or one of its dependencies. or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The manifest definition for the assembly found does not match the assembly reference. The manifest definition for the assembly found does not match the assembly reference.

The installation configuration is the minimum configuration for installing DPC++/C++ Complier.

P.S. My native language is Japanese and I'm running visual studio in Japanese. So the output message may be different.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

This issue will be fixed in future releases.

As a workaround, you can follow the below steps.

(1) Close all VS2022 instances.

(2) Open the file "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\17.0_<instance_id>\devenv.exe.config" and add the below given code in the file.

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Data.SQLite" publicKeyToken="db937bc2d44ff139" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-1.0.109.0" newVersion="1.0.113.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide the version of the Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit you are using?

Could you please let us know, which profiler you are using(Intel VTune profiler or VS performance profiler)?

Could you please provide the steps to reproduce this issue?

Thanks & Regards, 

Hemanth.

0 Kudos
nusu-
Beginner
I'd like to ask you a few questions but I may have replied in the wrong place ...
Is my message getting through to you?
0 Kudos
nusu-
Beginner

The Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit version we are using is 2022.1 (64 bit).

The profiler we are using is VS Performance Profiler.

The VS version is 17.0.4 community.

What VS contains is "Desktop Development with C++" in the workload.

To reproduce the problem, install VS2022 and then install C++.

After installing VS2022 and C++, install the Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit.
Then attach it to a specific process, whatever it is.

Then you will get a message "The diagnostic tool failed unexpectedly. The diagnostic hub output in the output window may contain additional information." and when I look at the diagnostic hub, I see "Request to DataWarehouse host failed: 'File or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.109.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies could not be read. The manifest definition of the assembly found does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'" and fails.

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We are able to reproduce your issue at our end using visual studio 2022 and oneAPI 2022.1 on Windows Machine. We are working on your issue and will get back to you soon.

>>Is my message getting through to you?

Yes, we can see your response in the community.

>>I'd like to ask you a few questions but I may have replied in the wrong place ...

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We have reported this issue to the concerned development team. They are looking into this issue and will get back to you soon once your issue is fixed.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

This issue will be fixed in future releases.

As a workaround, you can follow the below steps.

(1) Close all VS2022 instances.

(2) Open the file "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\17.0_<instance_id>\devenv.exe.config" and add the below given code in the file.

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Data.SQLite" publicKeyToken="db937bc2d44ff139" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-1.0.109.0" newVersion="1.0.113.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos
nusu-
Beginner

Thank you very much!
I got it working just fine by putting the code above the "</assemblyBinding>" in devenv.exe.config!

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos